5 years on

Options
Jane221
Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
While an appointment with my oncologist wasn't high on my wishlist for Valentine's Day, I did receive the awesome news that 5 years on all is looking good and I don't need the pleasure of her company again for 12 months - woo hoo! 

Comments

• Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    Options
    Great news.   Congratulations! Karen 
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @Jane221 This is just wonderful news <3
  • Renee73
    Renee73 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Am so very happy for you Jane, best Valentine's Day pressie ever!!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Woo hoo!  Who needs flowers on Valentines when you get news like that!  Congrats!
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    That is fantastic news. I have spent mine having my mammogram and ultrasound with a follow up visit next week with my surgeon. Sorry this is my little rant I had to pay for my scans today as of this year the government has decided that as I have paid for all my other treatment privately that they will now hit me with a charge for my scans as having cancer I can't use breastscreen until 5 years clear.. I just can't believe the costs that keep mounting up because I work and have private health insurance, bc keeps giving can't win a trick
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Likewise - yes I am always happy to have the scans and tests but the out of pocket is sometimes a little bit of a downer on the news that we receive.  It's an expensive exercise when you have private health insurance, loss of wages and lots of out of pocket expenses! 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    That's wonderful  Jane - definitely a lot of Valentines love in those great results!  Jane x
  • kayvie
    kayvie Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Congratulations Jane! Fantastic news!!!
  • RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Options
    YAY!!! Good news  :):):)
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    Fantastic news, Jane! Must have been the day for oncologist visits, I had mine too!  :) xxx
  • Jane221
    edited February 2017
    Options

iserbrown said:

Woo hoo!  Who needs flowers on Valentines when you get news like that!  Congrats!

Still holding out hope for some flowers too!!!
  • Jane221
    Options

rowdy said:

That is fantastic news. I have spent mine having my mammogram and ultrasound with a follow up visit next week with my surgeon. Sorry this is my little rant I had to pay for my scans today as of this year the government has decided that as I have paid for all my other treatment privately that they will now hit me with a charge for my scans as having cancer I can't use breastscreen until 5 years clear.. I just can't believe the costs that keep mounting up because I work and have private health insurance, bc keeps giving can't win a trick

I know what you mean @rowdy; we have private health too and it feels like we are a money tree simply because we have insurance. We are certainly not well off but when I went through treatment thought that we should use our insurance considering we'd been paying into it for many years. I'm not sure though now, in hindsight, whether I would do that again as we have been badly impacted financially. Hopefully this is an issue that BCNA can highlight as part of the State of the Nation survey as it is a huge stress for many of us. 
  • Jane221
    Options

Deanne said:

Fantastic news, Jane! Must have been the day for oncologist visits, I had mine too!  :) xxx

Thanks @Deanne, hope you had a positive visit too xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options

That is wonderful news. Xx Cath
  • Robynw
    Robynw Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Great news Jane!!! :)