Need to release

Options
SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
Today I visited one of the ladies from our support group, this bloody disease has consumed her.... shes exhausted , but Im angry  I hate Cancer it is so destructive to us..... oh how I want to kick it in the arse.......sorry but I know you get this frustration and anger.... :'(   :(

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Alice, Isn't it hard when you see others doing it tough :( . Good on you for going to visit her - it must help her to be able to talk openly to someone who understands and I think that is a phenomenal support. Xx Cath
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    It sure is @socoda
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    I am only new here but I have noticed that everyone's reactions to things are so varied and there are definitely ups and downs. Some people cope well with certain things whilst others find everything all-consuming. I think I had been coping relatively well with everything until I started my chemo today and the realisation sunk in that "oh sh*t, I actually have cancer and I'm going to be pumping my veins full of poison over the next six months to hopefully survive this awful disease" then I had a quiet cry to myself on the couch which ended up being just one of many crying sessions tonight! So far throughout my journey, I've found myself often saying "I don't even know why I'm crying" and that's the honest truth, I really don't know why I'm crying half the time. I think this awful disease gets the better of us sometimes and if we aren't feeling well physically then it's easy to start falling apart emotionally. I can understand how people become all-consumed with having cancer. It doesn't just go away like a cold or a scratch or something - it's always there in one way or another whether it's in the form of feeling sick, being bald, having numerous appointments, waiting on test results or going for treatment and on top of all that, you still have to continue with everyday life like caring for children, working, keeping the house going etc. I am extremely fortunate to have a very supportive husband through all of this but I can't even imagine what it would be like as a single mother going through this - I take my hat off to all of you!
    I'm with you @Soldier Crab , I want to kick cancer in the arse too! 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Ro10 - you sum it up well - hang in there as it does get better!  We are all here to support as well as, tears are a good thing, they cleanse the soul and help to release the negativity. Take care and sending you a virtual hug from Christine xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Alice - good on you for going to visit someone who's struggling!  I am sure your visit would've been good for her soul!
    Take care from Christine xx
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    thank you everyone I am ready to go do battle again ... have a great day xoxo alice