hair return

Options

Comments

• KarenneW
    KarenneW Member Posts: 43
    Options

You look gorgeous with and without hair.  Although I don't wear makeup much now, except for work and going out, when I was having Chemo and had no hair, I always wore makeup as I felt it made me feel a little bit more feminine.

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Ne, love your pics, I didnt do a calendar thing but plenty of bald shots!! LOL you still look stunning! I figured if I were younger I would have just rocked bald but was a little shy at 48. Hugs xoxoxo
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I is sooo cool to be getting hair back. Funny how I took it for granted all my life. Not now though.
  • ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I finished chemo 31/5....I lost everything....eyleashes and brows included! ( my hair was down to the middle of my back!) 

• Kester
    Kester Member Posts: 38
    Options
    You are well on the way. Will be glad when mine starts growing. Thanks for the pics
  • chibipink
    chibipink Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Looks like mine came back quickly. I had FECD. Last dose was mid October, took my hair out in public just before Christmas. About 10weeks? By that time I had short but thick coverage over my whole scalp, so it looked like a statement buzz cut. But, I thought my hair was growing back as soon as the FEC switched to D, so I may have had a head start.
  • KatieT
    KatieT Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Good luck to you in the hair growth.  I am now 16 months since finishing 4AC and 4 Docetaxel and my hair is so thin and whispy you can see my scalp through it.  Apparently the Docetaxel can do this.  My oncologist assured me prior to treatment that it would grow back and now he's saying oops sorry, it seems like it's not going to.  Most other people I know have had Taxol without the same problems.  I feel devastated and wretched about the hair situation.  I asked him what I should do and he said they had no help for me and maybe I could try a hair clinic.  The hair clinics say there is no solution for Taxotere (Docetaxol) related permanent hair loss. Fortunately for most other people the hair grows back.  
  • Kester
    Kester Member Posts: 38
    Options
    So sorry Katie. Mine is finally starting to come back. Hope yours will turn around once all your treatment is over. Takes a while to get all that garbage out of your system so will keep hoping for you
  • KatieT
    KatieT Member Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm very glad to hear yours came back.  You can feel together and put that behind you.

My treatment was over 16 months ago.  It isn't coming back properly.  I hope that more women in the future get told that permanent hair loss is a risk of some chemotherapies. Everything on the internet and everything they tell you at hospitals makes you think it's temporary and just something you need to survive and then you go back to being yourself again.

Anyway,  I'm really glad things returned to normal for you in the hair department.  
  • Densan
    Densan Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all......my last Chemo was 29/08/16. My hair has only in the last week given me a 5 o'clock shadow!  What a long process!
    i miss my hair :( 
    my Oncologist said I should have about 1/4 inch by Christmas......can't wait to ditch the hats and wig!  

• chibipink
    Options

KatieT said:

I'm very glad to hear yours came back.  You can feel together and put that behind you.

My treatment was over 16 months ago.  It isn't coming back properly.  I hope that more women in the future get told that permanent hair loss is a risk of some chemotherapies. Everything on the internet and everything they tell you at hospitals makes you think it's temporary and just something you need to survive and then you go back to being yourself again.

Anyway,  I'm really glad things returned to normal for you in the hair department.  

I'm so sorry Katie. I was on FECD, D for Docetaxal, and when I found out 2%, that's one in 50!, of women don't get their hair back I flipped out in the oncologist's office. She told me she'd never heard of such a thing, just not true. The next dose I was back in her office with the research paper but she had looked it up herself. "Yeah, it's 2%", she said. When my hair came back she admitted that she had been worried. So at least there is now one oncoologist in Australia who knows the risks and hopefully is informing women before they start treatment.
  • chibipink
    Options
    This would be the sort of thing BCNA could take up right? Requiring oncologists to inform women of the risk of docetaxal, or getting it put in the cancer council pamphlets?
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @chibipink I have passed on your comments and concerns to our policy team.
  • chibipink
    Options
    Thanks. I sent a mail via the contact form too, before I read your comment. Hope I haven't caused confusion. :)
  • Nicki_33
    Nicki_33 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Love seeing all your photos!! I finished my last round of chemo, Paclitaxel and Carboplatin, on Oct 14. Before that I was on Doxorubicin and Cyclophosphamide and I had a six week break between the first and second to have my baby. My hair started to grow during the break but I lost it all again when chemo resumed. I've just led to get some fuzz on my head and I've noticed my eyebrows starting to slowly grow but my eyebrows have grown so much in the last week! I'm so excited!! I've started taking a Hair, Skin and Nails vitamin to see if that helps. I'll wear a cap for a while yet as I don't feel too confident just yet. Can't wait to see more growth!!