Triple positive?

Londog
Londog Member Posts: 19
edited March 2018 in Newly diagnosed
So I has 2 tumours, one triple positive and the other double positive.  No spread to node.  Now to wait to see Oncologist.

Comments

• LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    Just saw your post. I’m also TNBC found in Aug 2015. Please keep us updated with your progress. 
    And ask any questions. The ladies on here are so helpful. Although I’m not often on this site I try to check once a week. 
  • Londog
    My main concern is how much support I will get if I tell them/you I don't want their treatments.
  • LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    That is your choice. We are just here to support whatever decisions you make. Not to judge. And to share our experiences. As you are probably aware everyone is different. That is what makes each so ‘special’ 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What @LITHGOW1950 said
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    It's absolutely your choice. All I would add as that real choice is informed choice - so good to know what you can factually about the options. But that's all they are - options - until you decide what's best for you. Good luck.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    agree with all the above ... NO judgements here just support @Londog

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    It's your life @londog and only you can make the decisions about how to live it. I would echo @Afraser - just make sure your choices are informed ones. You will get support here, whatever you decide.
  • Mrs_H
    Mrs_H Member Posts: 102
    Hi @Londog, I’m also triple positive. I had tumours in both breasts so had a double mastectomy without recon last November. It had also spread to the lymph nodes on the right side so had a clearance on thamy side as well. I did chemo and Herceptin but not radiation. Take the time you need to make your decisions. Whatever you can live with is right for you. Good luck with your choices. Cheers, Jen.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Probably be wise to read up on her2+ cancers and how quickly they spread which was why herceptin was developed. Of course it is your decision but it needs to be an informed one.
  • Londog
    @primek.  Can Herceptin be used as a standalone treatment?
  • primek
    The pbs only covers herceptin in conjuction with chemo. This is because clinical trials demonstrated this was the most effective combination.  So usually the very minimum if node negative would be taxol and herceptin. The taxol is over 3 months...the herceptin goes for a year.  If you are not keen for radiotherapy the best option is for mastectomy. 

When seeing the oncologist do ask about the ki67 rate...or division rate of your tumour. Ask about the percentage of advancement based on evidence with and without treatment. 

• Londog
    Thank you @primek.    Already had mastectomy last week.  Ki67 was 10%

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    How are you feeling @Londog?
  • primek
    That's great result. So they will take all into account.
  • Londog
    Hi ladies, another appt with surgeon today.  He aspirated wound, but I can feel it swelling again.  On the plus side both tumours were negative to her+