Update 12 mths post dx

Options
Jules74
Jules74 Member Posts: 20
edited October 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Holy Crap, I'm like one week away from being 12 mths post ILC diagnosis; talk about a whirlwind!

Since Oct 28, 2013 I've had:

Lumpectomy, 18 wks Chemo (FEC then Paclitaxel), Bilateral mastectomy with immediate recon (expanders - now 700mls in each) and 23 of 25 rads sessions completed.  Have started Tamoxifen but am on a break whilst finishing rads.  

You all know how it is, I feel like an expert at this point.  So looking forward to saying goodbye to the "treatment" phase and going back to some sort of normality.  Getting less fat and feeling healthier all around would be a great start.

Here's hoping this is the one and only 12mths of my life I'll ever be dealing with this BC bullshit.

Jules xxx

Comments

• rivergum
    rivergum Member Posts: 133
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good to seeyou back! I was diagnosed about the same time and I'm looking forward to the recovery too. Finished radiotherapy. Have an expander in, awaiting a Tram reconstruction later on. I've been on Tamoxifen for 2 weeks. So far so good. Cheers, Meg xxx

• rivergum
    rivergum Member Posts: 133
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good to seeyou back! I was diagnosed about the same time and I'm looking forward to the recovery too. Finished radiotherapy. Have an expander in, awaiting a Tram reconstruction later on. I've been on Tamoxifen for 2 weeks. So far so good. Cheers, Meg xxx

• JodieWall
    JodieWall Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015
    Options

heyyyyyyyyyyy Jules :)

you rock lady! xxx