I cant believe its been 12 months...

Options
JodieWall
JodieWall Member Posts: 259
edited October 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Everyone. 

Ive logged on to see you all. I hadnt forgotten you but I put myself in a "semi" denial state as it was the only way for me to put Cancer in another part of my brain for a while. 

I had my first "cancerversary" on the 26th September. Can you believe its been 12 months?

Today I had my first mammogram and ultrasound on my remaining breast. To say I was nervous is an understatement. It all came flooding back, the horror, the emotion and the fright. But I came out smiling. I have the "unofficial" all good. They said " we will see you in 12 months Jodie". 

I cant believe I made it. I cant believe the changed person I am.

You will all remember how utterly devestated and scared I was when I first joined here. But here I am, you were right, I COULD do it and I did.
I want to let all the newly diagnosed people know that they also can do this. They will be where I am soon and ythey can look back and actually take a breath and smile too because they made it! xxx

Im still scared of the future, but Im here and I will live my life the best I can. 

Thank you to each of you that helped me and gave me the strength to push through the past 12 months. I really couldnt of done it without you.

Love

Jodie xxxxx

PS. My chemo curls are out of control! LOL Im soooooo curly and a blonde now :)

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow,one year!! I can still remember your first post,and the absolute fear that you felt.You have done so well Jodie.I have my first 12 monthly oncology checkup tomorrow afternoon .I had my ultrasound and mammogram a few weeks ago,and like you ,I got a good report.Breast cancer is always on my mind,but I am not frightened at all,and I actually know that if it ever came back,I would be okay.We are strong and pretty special women on this blog,I reckon;) It was really nice to hear from you Jodie.Please stay in touch,as stories like yours give so much hope to newly diagnosed ladies.Cheers xox Robyn.
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So glad to hear your positive news. I think it is good sometimes to just distance yourself from the cancer thing and it helps you to get closer to 'normal' again.

There are constant reminders of what we have been through but we are different, stronger people now. Keep smiling. Deanne xxx
  • Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jodie!!! Its wonderful to see how you are doing! thank you for checking back in with us and happy anniversary Jodie!! xoxo Jess 

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm happy that you have good news, I can remember giving a big sigh when I got the results from my 1 year anniversary. My curly locks are giving me a few laughs too:) All the best, 

Hazel xx

• Celtie
    Celtie Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lovely to hear your good news Jodie.  Enjoy your day.  I can't wait to see if I have chemo curls or not, always had straight hair so will feel strange if I do!

• Celtie
    Celtie Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lovely to hear your good news Jodie.  Enjoy your day.  I can't wait to see if I have chemo curls or not, always had straight hair so will feel strange if I do!

• jenpen
    jenpen Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh..great news Jodie!

And welcome back on here...like you, I needed a break from cancer too and retreated into my shell for a few months!

Blonde chemo curls sound awesome!  I read after finishing my chemo, that 6% of people on the concoction I had, don't get their hair back - that was scary and I'm so happy to have hair again......baldness defo does not agree with me!

Big cyber hug....Jen xxx

• JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh Jen. So good to see you. I'll try post a pic of my chemo curls in the next few days.

You look amazing xxx
  • JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh Jen. So good to see you. I'll try post a pic of my chemo curls in the next few days.

You look amazing xxx