Jandy Lee

Options
Jandy Lee
Jandy Lee Member Posts: 5
edited October 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Hello everyone, my name is Janet and I was recently diagnosed with early breast cancer, found by mammogram in July.  Three weeks ago I had lumpectomy surgery, with good and bad news pathology results: good, no cancer in the lymph nodes, bad, I have HER2 type and have to have treatment which is being decided on this week.  Feeling anxious and would love contact with anyone who would like to share their journey with me.  

Comments

• Silks
    Silks Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I too have HER2 +. It's not all bad!! A wonderful drug called Herceptin came on the market some years ago and then was put on PBS. This is a drug which actually targets the HER2+ cancer cells and has improved the prognosis immensely. I will be on Herceptin for 12 mths once I finish my other chemo.
    The way I see it is that in all of this I am lucky to have 'gotten' this BC at a time where treatment had been so improved. I remain positive :) I hope you do too :)
    All of the girls on this site have been wonderful to me, giving me advice and encouragement during my wobbly days.
    Stay in touch
    xx Silke
  • Liztay82
    Liztay82 Member Posts: 213
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello I'm also her2 postive I've fibished my chemo yay start my radiation next Tuesday im on herception till July next year the ladies here are wonderful any questions ask away
  • Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello I'm also her2 postive I've fibished my chemo yay start my radiation next Tuesday im on herception till July next year the ladies here are wonderful any questions ask away
  • Jandy Lee
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Silke, many thanks for answering my comment so quickly, it is such a help to be in contact with people going thru similar times.  I agree with you that we are very lucky to have the latest drugs and treatments available to us.  I saw the radiotherapy doctors today, and will be having 5 weeks of that.  The oncologist appointment is next Monday, so by early next week I should know about chemo and Herceptin starting dates.  Good luck with your Herceptin treatment - are you keeping well on your current treatment?  And do you have a port inserted for easy infusions of the drugs, I think I'm having one put in next week.      Regards, and thanks for your help.  xx

• Jandy Lee
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Liztay, thanks very much for your comments.......and congrats on finishing your chemo!  that must be a great feeling.   How did you go with it?  and how are you going on the Herceptin - any side effects so far?  I will be having 5 weeks of radiotherapy, won't know about the other treatments till I've seen the oncologist next Monday.......   Regards,  Janet.   (please let me know how you are getting on......)

• Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello I went well as the oncologist said to me well ain't u are boring chemo patient and in the chemo world that is good apparently so boring is better lol I have had 5 cycles of herception so far I'm doing well no side effects I don't think u get side effects with it but I could be wrong. Yes it's a great feeling to be finished chemo and u will be at the end soon enough I'm having 6 weeks radiation start next Tuesday
  • Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I also have a port they r great :) my chemo I had where 4 cycles of ac then 12 weeks taxol/herception the taxol n herception where done together but herception is every 3 weeks.
  • Silks
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I also have a port. It is great and I'm very glad I have it. I put Emla cream on it a couple of hours before chemo treatment just to make it even more comfortable.
    My AC chemo was a little tricky at times, but I had prepared myself well (thanks to the ladies here online) and mostly it has been fine.
    If I may, can I just ask Liztay82 how she went re side effects when the Taxol was administered with Herceptin.
    Thanks
  • Silks
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I also have a port. It is great and I'm very glad I have it. I put Emla cream on it a couple of hours before chemo treatment just to make it even more comfortable.
    My AC chemo was a little tricky at times, but I had prepared myself well (thanks to the ladies here online) and mostly it has been fine.
    If I may, can I just ask Liztay82 how she went re side effects when the Taxol was administered with Herceptin.
    Thanks
  • Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey the only side effect I got was yucky nails which is normal and blood nose aswell but that's pretty much it I breezed through both type of chemos but since I've just been on herception I've had no side effects hope that helps
  • Silks
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the good news. You've put my mind at ease :) I start my Taxol/Herceptin coming Wednsday.
  • Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Taxol is a lot gentle then ac I got told they give u a med that will make u very sleepy u will get this every taxol treatment I enjoyed my naps lol good lick with the rest of ure taxol treatments u will do great
  • Jandy Lee
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Liztay,    Thanks for answering my posts, and I'm so glad for you that you have gone well with your chemo and Herceptin....... you are a great encouragement to those of us who are new at all this!    Regards,  Janet.

• Jandy Lee
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Liztay,    Thanks for answering my posts, and I'm so glad for you that you have gone well with your chemo and Herceptin....... you are a great encouragement to those of us who are new at all this!    Regards,  Janet.

• Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No worries I also forgot to add I did get a reaction to one of the pre meds just a skin rash on both hands nothing serious just had to watch it usually came up 3rd day after taxol any questions just ask