Meeting babies

Options
angel1278
angel1278 Member Posts: 9
edited October 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Hi everyone. I'm just laying here late tonight thinking about what a shitty run we've all had. Life wasn't meant to be like this and I still have many miserable days just thinking about the life challenges I have had to face in the last nearly two years. On the upside, I have many beautiful shining days too looking at my two beautiful princesses, one of which had her own fight for her life before she was even born in to this world. Something no child should ever have to go through, both inside the womb and out. I'm not on here often, I'm more of a facebook girl. I would like you all to know There is a group called " surrounded by pink sisters (helping young women through cancer)". It is a closed group. And open to people all over the world! There are so many ladies that have been in our position. So anything you say on there will not be seen by your "friends list". Anyway, I was wondering if you get a chance, could we hear how your beautiful babies are going? Better still, see??? Can we put photos up? Love and light to you all xxxxxxx

Comments

• angel1278
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am 4 weeks out of active treatment now. (Yes it's been a long two years having herceptin as well! ) My darling girl is 17 months old and perfect by the way. As soon as I workout how to upload a pic you will see just how perfect she is!
  • Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi angel1278 - thank you for sharing your update with the group - its great to hear from you and we would love to see your lovely little one! You can upload a photo by clicking on the 'camera' icon on the top of this text box (its near the youtube icon) once you have done that, you can browse through you pics and once you have one you would like to share - simply click 'insert'. Let me know how you go :-) Jess x

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Angel (love the username :-)) -- It looks like you brought some other members back into the online network. Check out Pink Dawns latest blog post -- http://www.bcna.org.au/user/3709/blog/83240

• angel1278
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Jessica. I must have chemo brain because I can't see any way to upload a pic?? :)
  • angel1278
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Jessica. I must have chemo brain because I can't see any way to upload a pic?? :)
  • angel1278
    edited March 2015
    Options

• angel1278
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    Options

angel1278 - Thank you so much for sharing your photos with us - My gosh, they are just SO CUTE arnt they! 

• Nyrie
    Nyrie Dragonfly Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's been two years now since my diagnosis. I was pregnant with twins at the time. I had my first surgery, lumpectomy and auxiliary node clearance when I was 29 weeks pregnant. Asher and Brynn are now two and thriving. They were born two months premature so I could begin chemotherapy. At the time of their delivery I also had my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed as my cancer was very hormone sensitive. My medical oncologist could not give me chemo with the twins in utero as the drugs I needed would cross the placenta barrier. Following chemo I had more surgery to clear the margin at the tumour site then had to move my young family to Townsville for 6 weeks of radiation. I take tamoxifen now and am doing well.
    I have recently completed my training as a community liasion with BCNA so I can promote breast cancer awareness and the BCNA resources in my rural community. I'm looking forward to connecting with other women who can relate to pregnancy and breast cancer and the complete shock and devastation that initial diagnosis brings but also the joy of being fortunate enough to have the biggest motivation for fighting the fight - our babies xoxoxo.