September 2014

Options
NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited November 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Time is flying by and I just have 5 minutes to hop on and say hello.  It is nearly a year since I returned back to work at the Pharmacy as an assistant.

Starting with 20 hours a week and then 25 and now stretching to 30.  I have also been studying since going back, which was an issue because my mind was like mush for the first 4 months back.  I took a whole year off,  and had 6 chemo, followed by radiation for 6 weeks.  Trip Neg BC.  

I have a couple of subjects left of the study, very time consuming.  Enjoying complementary meds, and last subject right up my alley, is hair and beauty.

I also enjoy doing 5 friends hair for pocket money, which has helped me, on Saturdays.  

The year I had Cancer, and my husband also losing his best friend took an emotional toll on us both.  But we are together, and the love has seen us through a rough year.

I went home to see my family a year ago, after my treatment, and hope to go back next year again to S.A. 

It is all really work and not much fun, the year I had Cancer, it took away our savings, so we are way behind now.  But hey, so are a lot of others.

My hair is a lot longer now too.  

Next year, I intend to focus more on helping out the BCNA, once the study has finished.  Sorry I havent been on-line, but believe me, the subject never leave your mind.  My check up is due in October, and I still have my infusion port in my chest.

Love Bel

Comments

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

So lovely to see your post pop up and to hear how you are going. Life sounds like it is humming along nicely and that is what we like to hear. Good luck with your check up in October and hopefully that port can come out soon.

Donna

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello lovely Beeeellllllll - It is so nice to see you back online and to hear how you have been going :-) Maybe you could post of photo of your new longer hairdo.

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You go girl hard to believe we were sharing advice not long ago. Stay healthy stay strong. Love and hugs adean
  • Bosom Buddy
    Bosom Buddy Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel,

It is lovely to read about where you are now and things seem so much better and brighter.

I too have been back at work since Dec 2013 and my hair is awesome!

It is so soft and a little wavy which is cool as it was dead straight before and I love the short look so keeping it that way.

How are your parents?

I had my son's wedding in March so had to travel up to Qld 3 months after radiotherapy finished, so I caught up with my parents there.

I feel a little exhausted at times and was going to travel over to Adelaide this month but decided to stay home and rest instead.

Well done on your journey xxx

Janine.

• Bosom Buddy
    Bosom Buddy Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel,

It is lovely to read about where you are now and things seem so much better and brighter.

I too have been back at work since Dec 2013 and my hair is awesome!

It is so soft and a little wavy which is cool as it was dead straight before and I love the short look so keeping it that way.

How are your parents?

I had my son's wedding in March so had to travel up to Qld 3 months after radiotherapy finished, so I caught up with my parents there.

I feel a little exhausted at times and was going to travel over to Adelaide this month but decided to stay home and rest instead.

Well done on your journey xxx

Janine.

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for reminding me what a wonderful support you were, and all the ladies who linked up at the same time, when needed to reach out via this web site.  It and the ladies all hold an important piece of my positive attitude.  It grew from here.  You are looking great in your photo too.  The months are wizzing by! X Bel

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great to see you again, via picture on BCNA ! smiling! I am now doing 34 hours a week at work, so they are creeping up, time is going so quickly.  I am now finding it tricky to study, but pushing it along, my goal is to finish it by the Christmas rush.  I have a couple of big exams, and one subject left!  As for the Port, I am still going into the hospital every six weeks to have it flushed.  Now need to go back to the Onc Dr, who I havent seen since I got the all clear at the end of Radiation, to discuss having it taken out, once I get the all clear.  There is an issue with Private Health and being admitted each time I go into the hospital to have it flushed.  I am now facing the $500 per year fee gap because of the legalities of using a Private Hospital.  Imagine how surprised we were to discover that fee is still applicable just to go in for 15 mins every 6 weeks.  It is due to my cover.  So have to get something done, perhaps finish off via Public.  Need to discuss with Doctors.  But that is the least of a long road hey!  Besides the usual stuff, all good!  Bel

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have been away on holiday and just read your update. Thats really sucky regarding the additional fee for a 15 minute visit. I have done a combination of public and private and it has suited our budget and I have found that the public were fine, its a personal choice.

Keep plugging away at the studies, its all good for you. I am doing really well, its been a tough year and I have had several illnesses but have just returned to work after having a months long service leave, it was awesome!

Take care

Donna