100,000 women supported by Berlei and BCNA!

Options
Maxine
Maxine Member Posts: 41
edited September 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Afternoon all,

As many of you know I went through my own breast cancer diagnosis and treatment in 2011. Following surgery, my breast care nurse gave me BCNA's My Care Kit which included the very welcome, well designed and extremely comfortable Berlei post-surgery bra. It was such a nice surprise and I know many of you will have also received this kit.

More than 100,000 Australian women have now received a My Care Kit after having surgery for breast cancer.

With Berlei’s generous support BCNA sends more than 13,000 My Care Kits out each year – around 250 per week. Our partnership with Berlei and the support of breast care nurses around Australia has allowed BCNA to provide very practical support when it's needed.

Each week in BCNA’s Melbourne office, hundreds of My Care Kits are packed by our wonderful volunteers who generously donate their time. The feedback we receive from women who have received this kit is incredible; it truly does make a difference to a woman’s confidence and recovery. I know my bra was also of great comfort during my radiotherapy treatment.

The delivery of the 100,000th My Care Kit is an incredible milestone for BCNA and Berlei's partnership. We are so grateful to Berlei for their contribution and commitment to helping the significant number of Australian women diagnosed with breast cancer every year in Australia.

To acknowledge this important milestone, Berlei are offering BCNA members a special 25% discount off all full-priced items purchased online before 31 October 2014, including the post-surgery bra. Enter the discount code BCNA25M at the checkout: www.berlei.com.au

A big thank you to Berlei for your generosity and continued support!

Maxine

Comments

• Magnetgirl
    Magnetgirl Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My bra came with a card that gave me 50% off. Check you didn't get one as by joining through Berlei club and getting another 10% off made another purchase very affordable.
    They have a devoted customer in me now. Would have gone to a chain store otherwise.
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Both amazing and sad that we have reached that milestone. How very generous of Berlei. My kit certainly was a huge help to me and my bra was used again after my reconstruction as it was so comfortable.
    Paula :)
  • doona
    doona Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2015
    Options

How big do the bras come im a 34 H,the ones that come with the kit i mean ?

• mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My breast care nurse asked me what size I was and ordered it that way. I have no idea re sizes. Maybe have a look on the berlei website.
    Paula x
  • Linda_BCNA
    Linda_BCNA Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good morning from BCNA, Berlei are amazing supporters to Australian women who have undergone breast cancer surgery. Their generosity continues to inspire us here and our wonderful volunteers who pack the My Care Kit's and send to our members every week. Thank you so much for your feedback.

• Linda_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Doona, the Berlei My Care Kit in size 34 or size Australian size 12 goes up to a DD cup. We suggest you contact your Breast Care Nurse and see what other options there maybe available for you. Or call BCNA on 1800 500 258 and one of our Member Services team will assist in advising on other suppliers that maybe able to help.

• Linda_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Paula, We are so very proud of our association with Berlei. Their support has been and continues to be, just incredible. Thank you for your fantastic feedback on the Bra.

• doona
    doona Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks Linda ,well they will certainly look perky squashed into a DD,they will be under my chin ,lol

• lizzie10
    lizzie10 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies, I received my Berlei My Care Kit today which was ordered by my Breast care nurse on my behalf but it didn't include the post surgery bra? Is this normal? I will have my PBM on 19th Dec and was excited to have the bra although I know I can't wear it right after the surgery. Do you know why I didn't get the bra? Any ideas? Thanks!
  • mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Maybe give BCNA a call.
    Good luck wth your surgery.
    Paula x
  • Linda_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lizzie10 - BCNA have placed your bra in the post today. You should receive it very soon. Apologies for the delay x

• lizzie10
    lizzie10 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Linda, no need to apologise but thanks very much for organising it for me. Much appreciated! xx

Wow! This forum is really amazing! Just posted my query last night and I wake up with all your best wishes and my bra being posted already! Works like magic!

Keep up the good work guys! I'll keep in touch! xx