How to keep fit for free in Melbourne

Options
Amanda61
Amanda61 Member Posts: 23
edited September 2014 in Health and wellbeing
For those who are interested in what is around Melbourne in form of exercise and well being but don't know or have forgetten - After much reseearch I have participated in / enroled in at least 3 FREE exercise / pilates / physio / yogo / support etc programs that have / are / will keep me sane over the next few months while job hunting!!

1) The living centre offers a great range of things to help deal with C (9820 2888)

2) Domain health for a fitness program with a physio (today I had a sore back from shifting furniture and so got a great message instead of having to do the plank lol) - the web site and BCNA explains how it supports us and

3) starting in Oct an 8 week 2 hr course at the Glen Waverly YMCA - including hydrotherapy!! Look up YMCA plus info via BCNA about venues and times etc.. something to look forward to at least..

Hopefully some of you guys can join me..

Take care lovely ladies xxxooo

Comments

• Amanda61
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Diane ,

The program is called YMCA ENCORE non-medical exercise and support consisting of gentle floor and pool based exercises. For more info go to ymcaencore.org.au

I will be attending the oct program in Glen Waverley. Hopefully you can enrol for 2014 if not 2015.

All the best with recovery and fitness training and job hunting! Certainly a challenging time ahead for us but after dealing with BC we can do anything now!

Best regards. Amanda
  • Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Amanda61, thank you for sharing all this information on free exercise and well being programs and ideas in melbourne! Just wanted to let you know that we also have an online group in the network called 'Get active and keep well'  offering support and information to lead healthier lifestyles after a diagnosis of breast cancer. If you wanted to join you can find it here: http://www.bcna.org.au/group/78654

Jess :-)

• Amanda61
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for that. I've just joined so looking forward to further discussions

Cheers Amanda
  • Amanda61
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for that. I've just joined so looking forward to further discussions

Cheers Amanda
  • WendyMac
    WendyMac Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2015
    Options

... Amanda.  :-)  xx

• WendyMac
    edited March 2015
    Options

... Amanda.  :-)  xx

• Amanda61
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear you are feeling down! Not surprised- I so get it!! One day at a time I suppose honey...it is just shit. Just keep venting when you need to .. I'm always here for you though not much to offer you.. Nothing much else helps other than alcohol!

Anyway if interested I'm attending this dinner as copied below. I don't know anyone but it sounds like a fun group and that's good.. Take care xx Amanda

"26th weds 6pm fed square pam 0414962580 (lost libido & melbournites)"
  • Amanda61
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear you are feeling down! Not surprised- I so get it!! One day at a time I suppose honey...it is just shit. Just keep venting when you need to .. I'm always here for you though not much to offer you.. Nothing much else helps other than alcohol!

Anyway if interested I'm attending this dinner as copied below. I don't know anyone but it sounds like a fun group and that's good.. Take care xx Amanda

"26th weds 6pm fed square pam 0414962580 (lost libido & melbournites)"
  • WendyMac
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks hon, am going to that one too. :-)