Chemo is Over

Options
AnneD
AnneD Member Posts: 28
edited September 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Hi all,
Just celebrating the end of my chemo rounds last Friday, yay!!! I had 3 rounds of FEC and 3 rounds of Docetaxel. I had a variety of side effects at different times and 4 days past the last round, I'm still feeling a bit tired and sore.

Overall I am not not feeling too bad all things considered, and my hair has started to noticeably grow back.

My partner and I are about to go away for 12 days to Margaret River and Pemberton to relax, rejuvenate and celebrate :-)

I still have radiology to go and tamoxifen but right now, it's all about the end of the chemo. It feels right to thank the treatment for what it's done for me and send it on its way. There are two other ladies that were here on the forum on the same chemo treatment as I was but one week ahead of me. I hope you are both doing well and celebrating the end of your chemo road.
Cheers to all xoxo

Comments

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne.....good to hear, the hardest part gone.  It's definitely to have a reason to celebrate.

I'll finish radio (30 times tomorrow) soon, it's nothing compare with chemo.  The nurse said my skin care was very good.. (lucky).

I'll have to keep on Herceptin (last for a year) and about to start Tamoxifen (5 years)

Keep up both....

Cheers

Rosanna

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hardly a more beautiful place than Margaret River to celebrate.Treat yourself gently,as it takes time to get your energy back.Take care.xxxRobyn
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hardly a more beautiful place than Margaret River to celebrate.Treat yourself gently,as it takes time to get your energy back.Take care.xxxRobyn
  • Merlins mum
    Merlins mum Member Posts: 443
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Woohoo for the end of chemo! Good luck with the next stage and enjoy your time away together

Julie xx
  • Merlins mum
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Woohoo for the end of chemo! Good luck with the next stage and enjoy your time away together

Julie xx
  • Silks
    Silks Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yay, the end of chemo!! Well done. Enjoy your achievement and have a wonderful trip.
    xx Silke
  • shelli
    shelli Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

YEAH! Me too - I finished my chemo on Friday as well  20 weeks / 6 rounds. OMG - feeling very broken but happy that is done and can start on the next hurdle! - still have to have Perjeta and Herceptin every three weeks till they stop working - but will be nice to be off the Docetaxel and the chemo sickness!

Finishing came with a mixed bag of emotions so you go girl! Its a big big moment!

• Merlins mum
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And well done to you too. It's a great relief. Good luck for the next stage.
    Julie xx
  • AnneD
    AnneD Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congrats Shelli, well done to you!!!

Yes, I've had a mixed bag of emotions too as you mention but the biggest one is happiness :-)

Thanks ladies for all the support. Any skin care tips gratefully received Rosanna. I have lots of aloe Vera ready to go xo