Making Contacts

Options
Heidihoe
Heidihoe Member Posts: 63
edited November 2011 in Day to day

Hi,

I'm new to this all and thought I'd make a blog to see if anyone has any similar stories to share?

I'd like to make some friends, around the Ballarat area.

Comments

• Heidihoe
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Shirl,

But I'm finding the site very difficult to work my way around. What do I do if I don't haver any contacts?

I am wanting to speak to people who am in the same situation as I am worrying about the defective gene BRCA1 & 2.

How do I find people talking about this?

Can you help me please?

Thanks Heidi

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello again .... go to your profile page ..... there is a tab "my blog" (that's the same as the first blog you made)

In the subject box put  (for example) "Info on defective gene BRCA 1 & 2"

In the Comment box explain what is is you are worrying about in relation to family cancer histories  It won't take long for th replies to come in.

Good luck

Cheers ... Shirl

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello again .... go to your profile page ..... there is a tab "my blog" (that's the same as the first blog you made)

In the subject box put  (for example) "Info on defective gene BRCA 1 & 2"

In the Comment box explain what is is you are worrying about in relation to family cancer histories  It won't take long for th replies to come in.

Good luck

Cheers ... Shirl

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Back again ....  If you go to the top of any page there is a box "start your search here".  Type in Ballarat and it will bring up a page with groups in your area.

I found three ...

Ballarat Pink Phoenix

Breast Cancer in City-Country

Ballarat Breast Cancer Suport Group

Click on the links ... each group has its own info, names, e.m addresses, ph numbers and names of the ladies running the groups

Maybe give them a call ... friends and support is closer than you think.

Good luck .... Shirl

• Heidihoe
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Shirl,

I had found all those but it said for diagnosed people not friends & family so I hadn't contacted them, but I think I will.

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello again .... yes, please do make contact with these groups.  I'm sure the ladies involved will be only too pleased to help you in any way possible.  Every person diagnosed has a family, and every family needs support too.

Don't be shy - make the call!!!  Also, put your query into your blog entry .... the more information you are able to get on the subject the better you will feel.  Don't forget - knowledge is power.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers ... Shirl xx

• Heidihoe
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Shirl,

I'm very busy at the mpment, selling house, study, etc and have to get on top of these things.

Will get around to it soon.

I tried your links the other day and just got Page not there, or unable to access etc.

But thanks for trying to send them through I can look for them through main home page etc.

Heidi

• Heidihoe
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Shirl,

I'm very busy at the mpment, selling house, study, etc and have to get on top of these things.

Will get around to it soon.

I tried your links the other day and just got Page not there, or unable to access etc.

But thanks for trying to send them through I can look for them through main home page etc.

Heidi