Hair!!

Options
ShellW
ShellW Member Posts: 7
edited August 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Just a little warning for all of you wig-wearers out there....

1 - After making a mad dash for my wig when someone knocked at the door- i answered it and had a bit of a chat to the neighbour.  I then turned around and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror...with my wig on sideways!!! So always check the mirror BEFORE opening the door.

2 - don't volunteer to cook a barbecue....I ended up with a frizzled fringe...the first I knew about it was when one of my friends said "what's going on with your hair-you've got that 'something about Mary' fringe.

So I decided to ditch the wig-I have short but very white/grey hair.

First night out with wig off- I'm sitting with my friend, out for a fund-raising dinner. The young waiter came up behind me and gave me my meal, saying, "there you go sir"   Stunned for a short moment I said to my friend..Did he just call me SIR?? ( Both cracked up laughing.)

So I decided to put a semi permanent colour in-platinum strawberry blonde- went light pink- glad it would only lasts 8 washes.

Now with my pink rinse...I go out to order pizza with my sister in law... the young bloke behind the counter offers me a pensioner discount-I'M 46 YEARS OLD!!  (nonetheless I looked at my sister in law and pointed to the hair and took the $4 discount ) Cracked up again!!

Things will surely get better on the hair front!!

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi this just read yur post and laughed, laughter is the one of the things that grts me through. Thanks I need one today

• rowdy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi this just read yur post and laughed, laughter is the one of the things that grts me through. Thanks I need one today

• jenpen
    jenpen Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the belly laugh I'm just recovering from!

Yes, certainly different with no hair, wig or the white/gray style!

I'm 6 months post chemo & my white curly new hairdo is something else! For the first time I'm being mistaken for my kids Nanna! Reluctant to dye my hair back to my usual blonde....its more the beautiful tight curls I've never had before that I don't know what to do with! 

Ah well....embracing it while it's growing!

Enjoy the lovely pink do.....Jenny x

• ShellW
    edited March 2015
    Options

Who better to laugh at us than...US :-)

Glad I could bring a smile to your day.

• ShellW
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes I have curls too....good thing they are at the back of my head so I can't see them lol

• ShellW
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well, sad to say things got worse before they got better!!

I treated myself to a 'proper' colour at the hairdressers-wanted foils with different blondes/browns. ($117)  Ended up with orange stripes on white hair-looked horrendous!! went back to the hairdresser and said I hated it and I wanted some darker blonde/brown in it. Ended up with bronze tips-and now I had orange/bronze/silver hair!!  Believe me...silver and Bronze do NOT look good together...add orange to the mix  ..... HEEELLLLPPPP (that's what I said to a hairdresser friend next time I saw her)  She came and bleeched it out (went light orange/yellow but it was the best she could do!!)

I went home and put a $15 home colour in........looking much better now!!

It's a wonder I have any hair left-so many chemicals!!! (was tempted to shave it all off and start again.....again)  :-)

• rowdy
    edited March 2015
    Options

you poor thing, the hairdresser should have known. glad it is looking better now