25th of march

Options
sharon robertson
sharon robertson Member Posts: 84
edited March 2011 in Day to day

ok it looks like i'm having my mastectomy on the 25th of march at Beleura private hospital in mornington ...... i'm not happy cause i wanted to go back to peninsula but they need 2 operating theatres so i have no choice but hopefully i can get a transfer back to peninsula once the surgery is done any way now that its all booked in i might take a trip to sydney to see my friend tracey for a few days before the big event to have a bit of a break ...... but for now i get 2 weeks to prepare my self and try to get myself as fit and healthy as i can to get me in the best position to get through this op..... i have ryan home this week so thats keeping me busy and i have had a play date with some old friends too so my spirits are high 

shaz

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sharon

Boy it has been a long "trip" for you but now the ball is rolling along again for you.  Another little piece forward.  I find keeping busy is the best way but don't overdo it.  Friends are wonderful aren't they and I know that you have a wonderful husband and lovely sons too.  Now is the time for you to "really" enjoy their company.  Even though this is an awful ordeal for us all to go through, I have also found that there is so many wonderful aspects as well ie the nursing staff, medical staff and all involved with the treatment.  Of course there is all the caring from our close family and friends.  The hard part is when the treatment finishes and there is an emptiness. Funny heh! (That's a long way off and there are many avenues to fill the void)  Live and enjoy one day at a time. Good luck XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi dear Chrissy

Today is only 22nd March - Sharon's surgery is planned for 25th March.  (That's right you are getting in early)  I'm still a bit funny too - Radiation poisining - So sick yesterday.  I got it last time too.  I will have to put out a blog to see if any one else got it as well.XLeonie

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie,

Oops. Yes I'm going with the Chemo Brain as an excuse. I have no idea what the day is or the date most of the time.  Hope you are feeling better today. I'm so glad i didnt have radiation therapy. Chemo is bad enough.

Love Chrissy D :) xoxox

• sharon robertson
    sharon robertson Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2015
    Options

lol you 2 whats my excuse i have not even started yet and i'm brain dead

shaz

xx