liaison training

Options
Rikki Leigh
Rikki Leigh Member Posts: 44
edited March 2011 in Day to day

Off to the liaison training at the end of the month. Very excited and nervous at the same time.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends and the wealth of knowledge I am expecting to find so that I can make my community aware of BCNA.

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Rikki, congratulations on signing up for Community Liaison training.  Trust me, it will only be for a few days but in that time you will meet women from all over this country, each with their own stories.  Some of you will instantly "gel" and you will form friendships that will go on forever.

The BCNA girls are such inspirational young women, they are dedicated to the cause and have so much information that they will be only too pleased to share with you.  I attended training in August 2010 and brought home so much information that I was able to "spread the word" so to speak. 

Just remember - knowledge is power - and every time we speak to a gathering, or hold an event or share our own journeys with others we are creating awareness of the resources available through BCNA.

Where's home for you - city, urban or rural?  Stay in touch when you get home and let us know how you found the whole experience.  Trust me .... you will enjoy the experience.

Cheers ... Shirl xx

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Rikki, congratulations on signing up for Community Liaison training.  Trust me, it will only be for a few days but in that time you will meet women from all over this country, each with their own stories.  Some of you will instantly "gel" and you will form friendships that will go on forever.

The BCNA girls are such inspirational young women, they are dedicated to the cause and have so much information that they will be only too pleased to share with you.  I attended training in August 2010 and brought home so much information that I was able to "spread the word" so to speak. 

Just remember - knowledge is power - and every time we speak to a gathering, or hold an event or share our own journeys with others we are creating awareness of the resources available through BCNA.

Where's home for you - city, urban or rural?  Stay in touch when you get home and let us know how you found the whole experience.  Trust me .... you will enjoy the experience.

Cheers ... Shirl xx

• KymB
    KymB Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Rikki and Francina

I'm doing the Community Liaison training also next week.   I have been working for the last year as a volunteer at the BCNA head office and have met many of the staff and Community Liaisons - they are a wonderful group of warm, caring people.    I look forward to meeting you both in a few days.

Cheers

Kym

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI KYM LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU TOO.

FRAN

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there girls, I take it you are looking forward to Liaison Training next week ..... you will learn so much and meet many interesting ladies from all over the country .... you will have a ball!!!!!

One word of warning though ...... those BCNA girls in Melb  LOVE to party (don't they Amanda?????)

You will absorb so much knowledge that  you will be able to take home and share with your communities...... stay in touch and share your thoughts and experiences ...

Cheers ...... Shirl xx