I run for life

Options
Narelle
Narelle Member Posts: 12
edited February 2011 in Day to day

Has anyone else heard the song by Melissa Ethridge.. 'I run for life'?

It is very uplifting, and actually bought a tear to my eye the first time i heard it.  It is obvioulsy wirtten by someone (Melissa) who has experieneced breast cancer first hand, which is evident in the words. i love it.

Narelle

Comments

• di-p52
    di-p52 Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Narelle,

I havent heard the song (or if I have I dont recall it).  I will see if I can track it down and have a listen.

Di  :)

• di-p52
    di-p52 Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Narelle,

I downloaded the song, which I hadnt heard before, and like you, it brought a tear to my eye also.  I have googled it in case anyone wants to know the story of the song.

Diagnosed with breast cancer in late 2004, today she is cancer-free. Hers is a success story. She fought breast cancer with all she had. And, she won.

Melissa took her personal battle out of the shadows and into the public eye when she appeared on the 2005 Grammy® Awards. Having lost her hair from chemotherapy treatments, she took the stage to sing a cover of Piece of My Heart. Never once showing any signs that cancer had taken her musical prowess or her relentless spirit and drive, the performance showed us a Melissa newly empowered by her fight. It also served as her on-stage initiation rite into a sisterhood of women donning the battle scars of the war against breast cancer. Melissa’s bravery breathed new life into the battle of thousands of women and subsequently opened the door for her music to help make a difference in the fight.

Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

Di  :)

• Narelle
    Narelle Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

Glad you found it, i do love it, but then again i was a fan of her music before now. She has a fantastic voice.

N