1 year on

Options
All smiles
All smiles Member Posts: 59
edited July 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Hi ladies ,

Today marks a year since I was diagnosed with breast cancer. ER and PR + , HER _ with 1 node affected!
I have undergone a mastectomy , 6 months of chemo and 6 weeks of radiotherapy and am now about 7 weekes into Tamoxifen.

I am definitely feeling better but still have a way to go.
Like most of us it is the fear of recurrence that plays on my mind the most - although I do try to get on with it .

I have worked part time since January at my old job and next week will return in a greater capacity to my role as the Director of a childcare centre.

I'm frightened as I know how demanding it is but am also excited to take that step towards normality.

This site has been and will continue to be such a support to me so Thankyou ladies .

May we all have good outcomes and live and enjoy life
Xoxo

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Isn't it great to come the whole circle?Just as long as you look after yourself,mentally and physically,I am sure that returning to your old job will go just fine:) Maybe some extra rest in the first few weeks? Let us know how you go.All the best.Cheers xoxRobyn
  • All smiles
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Robyn ,
    Longest year ever! Hopefully onwards and upwards from here .
    Take care xx
  • All smiles
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Deanne,
    Wonderful advice .
    Xx
  • All smiles
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Tonya xx
  • Liztay82
    Liztay82 Member Posts: 213
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well done for one year :) good luck with the job u will do great I also work in childcare but can't go back till dec after all my treatments are complete looking forward to returning I miss my kiddies at work
  • Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well done for one year :) good luck with the job u will do great I also work in childcare but can't go back till dec after all my treatments are complete looking forward to returning I miss my kiddies at work
  • All smiles
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thankyou .
    Good luck with the rest of your treatment .
    I did nothing through AC chemo but worked a few days a week with Taxol . Kept getting any gastro bug the kids had so good idea to wait until your treatment ends .
    Xx
  • Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just finished my ac chemo 3 weeks ago I'm onto another lot one is called herception then radiation
  • Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think the only way to "cope"and not go mad with worry is to lock the thoughts away in the back of your head... not bury them as we must be alert for any changes etc., but canceritis can really destroy the future for us.

My doctor said that if anything started up new, wait for 2 weeks before seeing her- the rotten thing is that we DO get normal things too, like sinus infections, bad headaches, sore limbs!! After all that we go through I think that is very unfair (said with a grimace/smile, girls!).

Enjoy each day is the mantra so many of us live by.

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think the only way to "cope"and not go mad with worry is to lock the thoughts away in the back of your head... not bury them as we must be alert for any changes etc., but canceritis can really destroy the future for us.

My doctor said that if anything started up new, wait for 2 weeks before seeing her- the rotten thing is that we DO get normal things too, like sinus infections, bad headaches, sore limbs!! After all that we go through I think that is very unfair (said with a grimace/smile, girls!).

Enjoy each day is the mantra so many of us live by.

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have my mammogram tomorrow, and that old feeling emerges. Humans eh? Pah!!