Finally home

Options
Chorsell
Chorsell Member Posts: 464
edited July 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Hi ladies

Well it is day 8 post surgery - I still have 2 drains in but I am home...

Still feel very tight across the chest and full under the arms hopefully that will settle once the drains come out

Anyone else who has had bilateral mastectomy and expanders would love to hear your recovery as I am feeling rather useless...

Cheers

Chris

Comments

• Chixon
    Chixon Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I came home from hospital yesterday after a bilateral mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy. I was in hospital for X 5 days...waited and had my drains out there.You will feel so much better when your drains are out. I am very tight across the chest and under the arms also...I suppose it takes time to settle down. I see my surgeon tomorrow for my Path results...so trying to stay positive. I hope all goes well with you..keep in contact. All best wishes. Chris.x
  • Chixon
    Chixon Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I came home from hospital yesterday after a bilateral mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy. I was in hospital for X 5 days...waited and had my drains out there.You will feel so much better when your drains are out. I am very tight across the chest and under the arms also...I suppose it takes time to settle down. I see my surgeon tomorrow for my Path results...so trying to stay positive. I hope all goes well with you..keep in contact. All best wishes. Chris.x
  • sonzy
    sonzy Member Posts: 60
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Chris

Good to hear from you. I have been wondering how you went. The other Chris is right - you will feel a lot better when those horrid drains come out.

Still, it takes a while. I am out four weeks out of my op now. The best way to describe it is that I feel like I have a tight strapless bra on. Annoying but not painful. Things feel better too when the swelling under the arms settles. 

I had my first fill last Friday (60ml) and will have my second tomorrow. Went ok but needed some painkillers that night.

Our rainbow is the eventual implants and the time when we will feel relatively normal around the chest area again! And of course, perky boobs and no bras if we don't want to wear them ever again. There has to be an upside to all of this!

Chris Nixon, good luck with the pathology. The waiting is no fun. At least when you have results you know what you're dealing with.

Sonya

• sonzy
    sonzy Member Posts: 60
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Chris

Good to hear from you. I have been wondering how you went. The other Chris is right - you will feel a lot better when those horrid drains come out.

Still, it takes a while. I am out four weeks out of my op now. The best way to describe it is that I feel like I have a tight strapless bra on. Annoying but not painful. Things feel better too when the swelling under the arms settles. 

I had my first fill last Friday (60ml) and will have my second tomorrow. Went ok but needed some painkillers that night.

Our rainbow is the eventual implants and the time when we will feel relatively normal around the chest area again! And of course, perky boobs and no bras if we don't want to wear them ever again. There has to be an upside to all of this!

Chris Nixon, good luck with the pathology. The waiting is no fun. At least when you have results you know what you're dealing with.

Sonya