clear

Options
Snoopy7
Snoopy7 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Health and wellbeing

l was diagnosed with Locally advanced stage 3B Breast Cancer in my right breast in May 2013, after 8 rounds of chemo,five weeks of radiotherapy and a Mastectomy l have just been given the all clear for the next three months and then tests again that will hopefully show that l am still cancer free. l worry everyday about whats ahead but am staying positive and trying to get back to normal life. l would love to hear from anyone who would like to share their story,Carolyn xo

Comments

• Bearteggie
    Bearteggie Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations on being given the all clear.  That would have to have been a relief.  I was diagnosed with Stage 3 BC early November 2013 and following a mastectomy I have had 6 chemo treatments and just finished my 5 weeks of radiation. 

I completely understand the trying to get back to normal life and the worry but I have been greatly helped by the support from the lovely ladies here in terms of being kind to myself and focussing on being grateful for the wonderful people and things around me. 

I am sure as time goes by we will gain more confidence and we will once again embrace life, a little differently but better than we are at the moment.

Best wishes

Joy xx

• Snoopy7
    Snoopy7 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thankyou Joy for your positive reply, l hope you are doing well with the side effects of radiotherapy. l too am sure that with the support from all the lovly ladies that l hear from will give me the support that l need, l don't know if this is normal but l feel that l need it now more than l did at the start of my journey. l think l just had to focus on staying well during Chemo but now my thought process is a bit clearer.

l will be strong and positive and become a long term survivor.

take care Carolyn xo  

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I too worry about still needing to stay connected on here when I have actually finished my treatment (except for 10 years of hormone therapy). But having Breast Cancer, especially Stage 3 (me too) is not something you just move on from.

I am having a hard time with some people in my life not seeming to realise that it is normal for us to still worry about the threat of recurrence. On here everyone understands and goes through a similar process especially when they have a check-up looming.

As you say, while going through chemo etc you tend to just look at what you need to do to cope. At the end you think what now, what if it comes back? I even did the total house clean thing before my 12 month check-up with the surgeon in case I was whisked off for another round of it!

I cope by doing what I can to reduce the risk of it coming back. I exercise and eat well and try to do things that give me energy rather than take it away. I try to spend time with people who give me energy rather than draining me too. That is why this network is so great. Reading other people's posts and helping others gives me good energy. So, I think for now this is a good place to keep visiting. I hope you will find it helpful too. Take care. Deanne xxxx
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I too worry about still needing to stay connected on here when I have actually finished my treatment (except for 10 years of hormone therapy). But having Breast Cancer, especially Stage 3 (me too) is not something you just move on from.

I am having a hard time with some people in my life not seeming to realise that it is normal for us to still worry about the threat of recurrence. On here everyone understands and goes through a similar process especially when they have a check-up looming.

As you say, while going through chemo etc you tend to just look at what you need to do to cope. At the end you think what now, what if it comes back? I even did the total house clean thing before my 12 month check-up with the surgeon in case I was whisked off for another round of it!

I cope by doing what I can to reduce the risk of it coming back. I exercise and eat well and try to do things that give me energy rather than take it away. I try to spend time with people who give me energy rather than draining me too. That is why this network is so great. Reading other people's posts and helping others gives me good energy. So, I think for now this is a good place to keep visiting. I hope you will find it helpful too. Take care. Deanne xxxx