edited March 2015
    Options
    Yeah Ivf got a port it's a god sent I'm onto herception next
  • terri parkes
    terri parkes Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Jules
    It seems the rest of the group have given you lots of good advice & words of encouragement. I can speak from someone who's almost 4yrs after date of diagnosis, in remission & doing well. I was terrified when I was diagnosed but had a great team of doctors around me & the unwavering support of my family & friends. Chemo wasn't a 'walk in the park' for me & I did have some hiccups along the way but here I am today & that is all a distant memory. Think of the chemo as your friend & if you're into visualisation, look at the chemo drugs as the Australian Army advancing around your body, killing off the invading enemy. The Dexamethasone you take before your chemo will wire you up & you may have trouble sleeping but it's well worth it as it helps with any nausea. I learnt to have a few good movies on hand to watch into the wee hours when I was taking it. Also, don't research too much about your treatment as you will learn things along the way from your oncologist, the breast care nurses & your support group etc. A lot of info on the net has not been proven or is outdated so don't place too much value on what it's saying. If you want knowledge, only look at the dot gov or dot org sites which are absolutely reliable. I hope your chemo went along as well as it possibly could today. One down, ? To go.
    Terri xxx
  • terri parkes
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Jules
    It seems the rest of the group have given you lots of good advice & words of encouragement. I can speak from someone who's almost 4yrs after date of diagnosis, in remission & doing well. I was terrified when I was diagnosed but had a great team of doctors around me & the unwavering support of my family & friends. Chemo wasn't a 'walk in the park' for me & I did have some hiccups along the way but here I am today & that is all a distant memory. Think of the chemo as your friend & if you're into visualisation, look at the chemo drugs as the Australian Army advancing around your body, killing off the invading enemy. The Dexamethasone you take before your chemo will wire you up & you may have trouble sleeping but it's well worth it as it helps with any nausea. I learnt to have a few good movies on hand to watch into the wee hours when I was taking it. Also, don't research too much about your treatment as you will learn things along the way from your oncologist, the breast care nurses & your support group etc. A lot of info on the net has not been proven or is outdated so don't place too much value on what it's saying. If you want knowledge, only look at the dot gov or dot org sites which are absolutely reliable. I hope your chemo went along as well as it possibly could today. One down, ? To go.
    Terri xxx
  • JulesM
    JulesM Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Terri
    The info from the group definitely calmed the nerves and the day of treatment it's self went well. I think I was just in shock and panicking. I received the definite diagnosis on monday and was having my first chemo on Friday, I feel like my feet didn't touch the ground.
    I was diagnosed with IBC stage 4 so have been told surgery is not an option. I am receiving treatment at Peninsula Private, Chemo is FEC and that's really all I know for now. Not even sure what I should be asking or what comes after this.
    I have found the support and encouragement from this group very helpful. My husband died just over a year ago (cancer) and I only have my daughter who is wonderful but has a 17 month old son so I am trying not to put too much on her.
    Thanks again to everyone in the group, I'm sure I will be seeking you advice as my journey continues.
    Much love and thanks
    Jules
  • terri parkes
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's tough for you Jules. Is that the Peninsula Hospital in Brisbane? I found having an A4 notebook with me everytime I had an appt helpful so I could write down everything as your memory takes a bit of a battering. Write down questions for the Dr in it so you're ready next time you see them. Then write down the answers in your appt. I'm sure your daughter wants to be there for you every step of the way as you would be for her. Take care.
  • JulesM
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Peninsula Private, Karingal in Victoria. I shall arm myself with a notebook.
    Thanks
  • KayKay
    KayKay Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello Jules,
    How are you doing? I am also a patient at PPH. with Inflammatory BC. My oncologist is Romayne Holmes.

If you need anything or would like to meet up/have a walk or whatever please feel free to make contact. My ph number is 0409231591.

Best wishes to you, Kerry (KayKay).
  • JulesM
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kerry
    Would love to catch up. Have made a note of your number and will be in touch soon. I'm seeing Nicole Potasz who has been wonderful.
    I would very much like to here more of your experiences and how you have managed to stay so positive.
    Thanks for reaching out, talk soon.
    Jules