Eating Cancer to Death

Options
2»

Comments

• Christine Marie
    Christine Marie Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading this post & I also read your last one, which I found quite interesting, you Write so well Meg :) keep it up....
    Christine:) xox
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Meg,

This really gives thought to the supplements that we can add  especially after our 5 years of Tamoxifen or AI's in general.  

Most are doing the diet change from diagnosis and treatment, I previously had a very healthy diet, but have still made a lot of changes, like not using microwave, everything is lightly steamed , brazil nuts at least 2 a day, switched from spinach to kale.  Big green smoothie for lunch, and a lot more onions.  I saw a blog about the  G Bomb diet, so I searched on the nett and it mentions all the fresh fruit and vegies that you have mentioned Meg. 

Wonder what the impact on recurrence would be if we follow this diet and add the turkey tail mushroom or more tumeric or another anti cancer properties.

Blossom

• positive3negative
    positive3negative Member Posts: 323
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh thanks so much Christine. x

• positive3negative
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks so much for your feedback, Michelle. My next one is going to be on having a holiday at home. Should be up today or tomorrow. x

• positive3negative
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Neem,

Thanks so much for your beautiful comments. Writing has really helped me cope with everything and it's particularly gratifying when something I've written helps someone else.

I also found the information on apricot kernels while I was researching and my strong advice is to avoid them. They are poisonous in large doses and while a few probably won't do you any damage there is no evidence that they will cure your cancer. If you google just about any food and cancer you'll find someone telling you i'ts a cure but often there's no clear causal link. It's easy to assume that if you did something and your cancer responded then the thing you did was responsible, but correlation is not causation. You won't find a double blind trial that proves apricot kernels work against cancer. I know. I tried to find one. 

Usually when it comes to any particular food I adopt the view that if it can't hurt and might help I'll include it, but apricot kernels are actually poisonous and on that basis I choose not to eat them.

As always, be guided by your doctors but I'm reasonably confident your oncologist will not be recommendind anything with arsenic in it.

Good luck with your treatment and thanks again.

Meg