swimming

Options
lawsdaws
lawsdaws Member Posts: 22
edited May 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Hi
I have just finished my 4 sessions of AC (yay!) And am still feeling great. I start 12 sessions of taxol next week which is another unknown and slightly nerve wracking as I know exactly what to expect with AC and have felt perfectly normal throughout!
Anyway, it is now too cold to use our pool at home to swim so I was wondering if its ok to use a public pool or are they too germy?
Thanks!
Laura

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Check with your oncologist but I would think"no"because of germs and also chlorine might bother your skin.Taxol may cause skin rashes.Good luck for your next treatment phase. Tonya xx
  • paulag
    paulag Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I swam in a public heated pool throughout all my chemo, unless I didn't feel up to it. With my reaction to my feet and bones, I found it the only exercise I could do. I would make sure I went when there weren't too many people. I would go early morning. I also didn't put my head under water. Xxx
  • lisa256
    lisa256 Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Laura

I myself wouldn't take the risk.

I wanted to swim like everyone else over summer but pools and spas are known breeding grounds for germs and infections so I believe if you choose to swim in a public pool, you will be taking a chance with your compromised health.

Lisa xx

• lisa256
    lisa256 Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Laura

I myself wouldn't take the risk.

I wanted to swim like everyone else over summer but pools and spas are known breeding grounds for germs and infections so I believe if you choose to swim in a public pool, you will be taking a chance with your compromised health.

Lisa xx