Using the network -- leaving comments

Options
Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited February 2011 in General discussion

Hi all,

A few people have asked about leaving comments in the network, so here's a quick tip.

Comments

You might have noticed that often new comments appear with an indent underneath the comment they relate to, rather than in a long list one under the other.  That's because comments in the network are 'threaded', which means that they appear like a tree, with each comment visibly attached to the entry it belongs to. This helps make conversations easy to follow.

Here's an example of comments that are threaded - you can see each one is underneath the one it relates to, and is also indented (the dotted line on the left shows which comment each reply is attached to).

To take advantage of 'threading' and attach your reply to someone else's comment, just click on the 'reply' post that is directly under each comment you want to respond to:

A new screen will come up with the comment you're responding to at the top, and a comment box for you to type into at the bottom.  Just type your response and click 'save'.

Blog posts

You'll notice that there isn't a 'reply' link at the bottom of a blog post.  That's because the 'post new comment' box is right there on the page.  Just scroll down to the bottom of the page past any comments that are already there, and type your comment into the 'post new comment' box.

Click 'save' at the bottom of the screen.

That's it -- easy!

Don't forget that you can find more detail on how to use the network in our simple user guide which is downloadable on the Help page, and also on the Q & A page.

If you'd like to read through past tips, then you can find them at any time by clicking on the 'tips' tag.

Have fun! -- please ask if you have any questions (in the comments! :).

Comments

• Joan McGrath
    Joan McGrath Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

How fortunate you ladies are to be able to take courage from cancer marker readings. I suffer from a fairly rare form of inflammatory breast cancer and my treatment over the past 7 years has been complicated by a CT scan showing nothing   and blood tests showing nothing on the cancer marker reading.I have just had a fresh outbreak (my 6th) and have been put on Xeldoa which so far is going well. I am on to my third rotation and the only real worry is hand and foot sydrome which so far is not too severe. I believe I am on Xeloda long term..my oncologist says patients can be on it years if they don't have too many problems.Because I have trouble with cancer marker readings I am

forced to have PET scans at around $1,000 a time to get any satisfaction...and NO the government does not give a rebate. I have one coming up AGAIN IN  June which is hard when this is the only way my cancer  can NOW be monitored. Recently my HER2positive turned into HER2 negative with many new drugs failing along the way...thank God for Xeloda as already under arm lumps have vanished.  

• PinkLady
    PinkLady Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

With it being International Women's Day I have 2 very special ladies who I would like to make a special mention of and who were my strength when I was going throught treatment in 2008.  They are my best friend Debbie and my Breast Care Nurse Jenny MacIndoe without them in my life I don't know how I would have got through that time. They will always be very special people to me. xx