Tired

Options
Bluejae
Bluejae Member Posts: 8
edited April 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've logged on. My world has been a whirl wind since my original diagnosis back in Dec 2011.. My kids are now 9 and not quite 3. Unfortunately my cancer is very aggressive and doesn't appear to EVER want to leave my body! I had a PET Scan last Thursday and I am now as they say "incurable" stage IV with mets to my sternum, spine, and numerous lymph nodes throughout my body and mets to the breast skin which is threatening to break through! I still have the original tissue expanders in as they were never removed as no sooner did I complete chemo I had a new lump within 5 months. I am in constant pain and I also have an odd cough but nothing showed up on Pet/CT... I am pretty upset about it all and my heads spinning. My beautiful kids keep my mind busy which is good. My oncologist is suggesting more chemo and then radiation. I'm tired :-( I'm 34 in a few months and find myself wondering if it will be my last birthday.. Has anyone out there had a similar situation and can help me to see the light at the end of the tunnel that I fear I've lost sight of.

Comments

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat as me. I am 39 and have mets to the lungs and tailbone. It was only around 12 months previously that I had a lumpectomy. I try to think as little as possible about the 'incurable' prognosis. If I spent too much time thinking about it, it seriously does your head in, which is no good for us! I agree kids keep you busy and the everyday life routine just keeps rolling. I am now trying Tamoxifen. Traditionally, this doesnt work for my cancer which is er - but my doc said to at least try this. Sorry to hear you are suffering pain. Get on top of your pain if you can because the physical pain makes you feel emotionally pained as well. I have been using good old panadol osteo from the chemist with good results. Initially doc had given me some morphine based pain killer. I didnt even take one, tried to tell doc I dont take asprin let alone something so strong! Anyway, take each day as it comes, we really never know what great new treatment will be available. Luv Nat xxx

• Bluejae
    Bluejae Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanx for reply Nat. I'm sorry your not well either. It does help talking to someone who is in a similar situation. My GP suggested yesterday that I start taking regular panadol and neurofen to stay on top of the pain. I to was offered stronger Meds however like you I'm flat out taking panadol let alone anything else and as I'm a mum I didn't want to be a zombie either. I will start taking the panadol regularly and see how I go. I guess I feel that by taking regular pain medication I have to admit I'm in palliative care, and I know I am, it's just hard to get my head around. I guess I'm worried about what happens next, like broken bones, paralisys etc and how soon..
    Thanku for reminding me to take one day at a time, I really need to do that. I hope the Tamoxifen helps u, have u had chemo etc? Luv T x