Last weekend before Chemo 3

Options
Sarah54
Sarah54 Member Posts: 164
edited April 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Hello have not been on for a while. I went to the Perth afternoon tea last Sat and it was lovely to meet Mich,Chris, Lara and a few others but with Chemo Fog forget there names!!! Well I have been up and down with mood swings and not looking forward to it all starting again on Monday. My tumur is shrinking which is very positive. I wanted to comment on weight as I was over weight before starting with Chemo. I lost 10 kgs first round and that was without Herceptin. Second round I have just stayed the same with my first dose of Herceptin. My eating desire is completely gone as everything tastes fowl. I eat fruit, yoguet and lots of tomatoes but little else. I should be losing it but I think it's the herceptin. My nails are very soft and break off in chunks and I knelt on the garden hose and the indentation on my legs was horrible (as if I had nothing behind the skin) they stayed for a few hours before levelling out.......won't do that again. My son arrives for a visit this weekend from Melbourne so I am looking forward to that. He is going to come to Chemo on Monday before he flies back. Have a lovely weekend everyone. Love Sarah

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sarah my luvly

It was soooo nice to finally meet you.  Shame you couldn't have stayed longer but I was so glad you could make it.

How wonderful to have your son with you for your chemo.  It may or may not put his mind at rest as to what it is all about but at least he witnessed it and was there for you.  

Please speak to your oncologist or nurse re swelling in your legs which is obviously what it was when you lent on the hose.  It may be nothing but it is worth mentioning.  It may be common but I don't know and you need to watch any swelling I would think.  Having had lymphodema in my arm and breast I think it is worthwhile mentioning any swelling you may have.  

I am so sorry I cant meet you on the 22nd as I would have luv'd to have a catch up.

I found with all my chemo I lost a bit of weight but Femara has helped me to put it back on.

Chat soon huny.  Lots of luv Mich xoxooxxooxxo