Hi all

Options
NarelleD
NarelleD Member Posts: 57
edited March 2014 in General discussion

Hi all,

My name is Narelle and I was diagnosed on 21/3/2014.

I have a 9 yr old stepson, 6 yr old daughter & 7 month old son.  I am 36 yrs old.

I will be going for surgery next week.

mmm...not sure what else to add except that I live in the Frankston area in Victoria.

Thanks for letting me join this group.

Comments

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome Narelle. 

Im from Melbourne too. Eastern suburbs. 

We have a monthly support group meeting at The Think Pink Living Centre in the city. (i know its a little bit of a hike for u but thought i would mention it anyway) 

check out this website. 

http://www.thinkpink.org.au/

They have heaps of free programs. Highly recommend it.

We are listed under programs and under Young Womens Support Group. 

Our next meeting is April 14th. 

Kind Regards

Merylee

• sillysam83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome Narelle. 

Im from Melbourne too. Eastern suburbs. 

We have a monthly support group meeting at The Think Pink Living Centre in the city. (i know its a little bit of a hike for u but thought i would mention it anyway) 

check out this website. 

http://www.thinkpink.org.au/

They have heaps of free programs. Highly recommend it.

We are listed under programs and under Young Womens Support Group. 

Our next meeting is April 14th. 

Kind Regards

Merylee

• NarelleD
    NarelleD Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Merylee,

As it is during school holidays I would have 3 children with me so it probably wouldn't be appropriate.

Can you please let me know when the next one after that is and I will try to make it, depending on treatment.

Thanks

Narelle

• sillysam83
    edited March 2015
    Options

they will all be promoted on our FB site. So keep an eye on your events page!

All members are automatically invited. 

• LoveRuby
    LoveRuby Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Members

Thanks for having me in your group. I'm 34 and  was diagnosed on 21/3/14 with stage 2 Invasive carcinoma, lymph node involvement.  I have a 6 month old, 2 year old and 8 year old.  My whole world now revolves around anything cancer related... but top priority is my children and keeping life normal for them.  I'm in the Eastern suburbs, so am looking forward to attending some group meetings in the future (nothing like a good excuse to go out and have a good laugh).  I'm in for surgery next week, and the boob job I never wanted!  haha  Still, life is good, the grass is green and the sun is shining (well apart from today, its kind of grey out there).

• LoveRuby
    LoveRuby Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Narelle, nice to meet you :) We were diagnosed on the same day.  And have 3 kids... what a whirlwind.  I hope you're doing ok.