Hello everyone:)

Options
Christine Marie
Christine Marie Member Posts: 180
edited March 2014 in General discussion
Just catching up..haven't been on in a while...hoping you are all going well in your journeys...it been 4 weeks since my Radiation & I am pleased to say I have healed up well & I am still using the good old Moo Goo & wash love it :) so thanks ladies for the tips.... I went into hospital Tuesday for my hystercropy I was already to go,until & the gyno wanted to talk to me.. He said it wasn't a good idea to do me under local because I had a uterine oblation 4 years ago & it would be to painful for me & that it would be to complicated, so he sugestered he do my biopsy & curette under general & I would have to come back on another day, well I was nearly in tears because I had been waiting for this day since November & the thought of having to wait again rattled me big time...he saw how upset I was & so he rang the front desk & asked if there were any cancelations for Wednesday & there were 2 cancelations so lucky me:):)
He was a bit concerned about the general because when I had my breast surgery they had trouble with me..I had bouts of obstructive apnea & stopped breathing when they took the tubes out, so they had to quickly put the tubes back in scarey stuff... I'm glad I didn't know what was going on.. So they referred me to a sleep apnea clinic which I had the test 2 weeks ago.. So he rang my GP to see if he had results so they were getting faxed to him....I went in very early Wednesday morning all ready for surgery once again & then the Anaesthetic man came out & said we need to talk to you, so I had my fingers crossed behind my back walking into his office, I kind of had a bad feeling.. He told me He couldn't put me under general because I have servere obstructive sleep apnea, well I was gobsmacked :(:( I couldn't believe this..he said it was to dangerous to put me under untreated... He offered me a spinal block & so I took that option...he was really nice to me,I think he could clearly see how nervous I was..so now Here I was finally in thearta having my procedure.. It is a really strange feeling being awake & half paralyzed for an op, but I got through it & because I was awake, when the surgeon finished she held my hand & told me my outcome, which was not that great she was not confident that she got the right or even enough tissue for testing...my endometrial wall was a mess & she couldn't get in there properly, so she has suggested that I have a hysterectomy straight away, so I am seeing her again on the 25th to hopefully get some results & talk about the op which she has already booked me in for the 9th of April.....I am very pleased that this will soon be over for me.... So in the mean time I have to get use to Cpap machine which I got fitted out for yesterday & will be sleeping with it every nite until my surgery.. Has anyone else got apnea problems would really love to here from you for some tips on how to deal with this machine......my husband & I are going away tomorrow for a week down South to relax & enjoy a much needed break...looking on the bright side of life:):)I feel quiet positive that whatever comes my way I am strong enough now to deal with it all, I will keep you all posted...big ((hugs))) to you all keep smiling:):):) Christine:) x

Comments

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

My what a story you have Christine.  I will send you a private message, and wish you well with the next proceedure.  Try to rest, and prepare for the next one.  Thinking of you. X Bel

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

Poor little Chris

I feel sorry to hear that... I can't do anything but sharing and stay with you.

Be brave.

{{Big hugging}} - Rosanna

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

Poor little Chris

I feel sorry to hear that... I can't do anything but sharing and stay with you.

Be brave.

{{Big hugging}} - Rosanna

• tannie53
    tannie53 Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Christine. I can't say I know about Cpap machines personally but my daughter who has Muscular Dystrophy has had a BiPap machine for the last 22years and would not be alive without it. It just becomes a way of life especially when your life depnds on it. All I can say is that I remember many trials and errors when she first got it at the age of 10 and she is now 32 years old! Thank God for the wonders of modern technology. Good luck with everything.

Tanya xo

• Christine Marie
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you for your hugs.. Hoping all is going well with your chemo... Take care....Christine:)x
  • Christine Marie
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • Christine Marie
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow your daughter has done really, & your right trial & errors just something I got to get used to... Thanks take care...Christine:)x
  • Christine Marie
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm hoping all runs smoothly & as you put it hope the goal posts stay put :):)lol Christine:)x
  • Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Christine,

I am also having an operation on 9th April at Sydney's Strathfield Private, Wondering where you are?

Julia

• Julia44
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Christine,

I am also having an operation on 9th April at Sydney's Strathfield Private, Wondering where you are?

Julia

• Julia44
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Christine,

Julia