Testing

Options
2»

Comments

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

From what I have heard, all situations are very individual.  But the testing takes time, and the fact that they didnt find anything further in your nodes was lucky and a very positive sign.  I had 2 surgeries under my arm, about 15 nodes removed and the knowledge that cancer had shown up in my nodes.  I had my lump removed, and then I had a portal placed in the opposite side of my chest.  I was told I had Triple Negative Cancer, which was more aggressive and lucky I found it early enough.  I still have that portal in my chest, just incase.

Back where you are, I thought the worst, I panicked, I didnt understand, and I didnt get the whole triple negative thing.  I didnt want to have chemo, either, and to find out I had the type of cancer I had, thought I was very unlucky.

Today, I am well, cancer free and back at work, and 9 months since all that.  So try to take a big breath and dont "assume", try not to worry about what you dont understand.  Ask doctors the medical questions.  Get on here and find peace of mind.  There is only one thing for certain - youre not alone.  Also, most of us do survive!  You found yours early too, so well done! X Bel

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

From what I have heard, all situations are very individual.  But the testing takes time, and the fact that they didnt find anything further in your nodes was lucky and a very positive sign.  I had 2 surgeries under my arm, about 15 nodes removed and the knowledge that cancer had shown up in my nodes.  I had my lump removed, and then I had a portal placed in the opposite side of my chest.  I was told I had Triple Negative Cancer, which was more aggressive and lucky I found it early enough.  I still have that portal in my chest, just incase.

Back where you are, I thought the worst, I panicked, I didnt understand, and I didnt get the whole triple negative thing.  I didnt want to have chemo, either, and to find out I had the type of cancer I had, thought I was very unlucky.

Today, I am well, cancer free and back at work, and 9 months since all that.  So try to take a big breath and dont "assume", try not to worry about what you dont understand.  Ask doctors the medical questions.  Get on here and find peace of mind.  There is only one thing for certain - youre not alone.  Also, most of us do survive!  You found yours early too, so well done! X Bel