8 months passed the treatment

Options
NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited February 2014 in Health and wellbeing

I read the wonderful messages about how different life is for people after battling the cancer experience, and I decided to put my thoughts down, because we are all different.

I had a year away from life last year, from October the year before and was quite surprised how "normal" life still has been.  I am still me, and my life still presents itself the same as I approach my 48th birthday.  I went back to work a few months ago, to discover my job was not longer there, but they have kindly slotted me into a 20 hour a week, lunch-time shift.  Upon return to work there were mixed reactions, mostly they were fantastic and have been supportive or welcoming.  I did have a major issue with 2  staff members, but it has been sorted out and Im reluctant to discuss it.

I am busy regardless of the lack of income, which hasnt helped us after a year of such expense, with studying and was relieved that after a few months my memory has returned and I am remembering.  The study is not an added expense, its a traineeship via work.

I have found that my new friends and the time dealing with Cancer has created the most support and friendshps I have had in years and that I will always appreciate.

I try to go for a half hour walk every second day, or each day if weather permits, and regularly do my pilates DVD provided by the My Journey Kit.

I have joinded the BCNA, my first time going to meetings, and our next one here in Launceston is this Saturday.

Have a small group of Haircutting Clients, who are also the medical staff, support staff, or new friends acquired via the BC time.  Great to get back into hairdressing as a mobile hairdresser.

I havent changed at all, and returned to my normal personality.  I am a little more jaded I think, but keep my head focused on one day at a time, dont think about getting it back, dont worry about whay may happen, and as time goes by, forgetting the details of the year I found out I was a Triple Negative Breast Cancer patient.

Paid my $20 to the Cancer Council and am going in the "Relay for Life" in March.

Hang in there every one, I wish you all well, and I do still have a look to see how you are, when time permits!

Love Bel

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your post very much.The part that I can relate to,is that " as time goes by,forgetting the details" because in the very beginning,BC becomes your world! I am 2 months and 2 days past my chemo,and I only have to take Tamoxifen,which is such a small price to pay for ongoing health.Already I am finding that my life is slowly returning to normal.I don't worry about my hair any more,or about only having one breast.And I think to,that the people around us return to doing what they did before we got BC,which is just fine by me :) For me,the good thing that came out of having BC is that now I take time to do things that I want to do ,not just doing for everyone else.And I know for sure,that this change will be with me forever:) All the best Bel.Dont stop posting on here,cause I am sure that everyone loves to read your posts.Cheers Robyn.xoxo
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your post very much.The part that I can relate to,is that " as time goes by,forgetting the details" because in the very beginning,BC becomes your world! I am 2 months and 2 days past my chemo,and I only have to take Tamoxifen,which is such a small price to pay for ongoing health.Already I am finding that my life is slowly returning to normal.I don't worry about my hair any more,or about only having one breast.And I think to,that the people around us return to doing what they did before we got BC,which is just fine by me :) For me,the good thing that came out of having BC is that now I take time to do things that I want to do ,not just doing for everyone else.And I know for sure,that this change will be with me forever:) All the best Bel.Dont stop posting on here,cause I am sure that everyone loves to read your posts.Cheers Robyn.xoxo
  • Bearteggie
    Bearteggie Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015
    Options

I love your profile photo.  You look gorgeous.  Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am glad that your life has returned to normal and you are feeling stronger and happier.  All the very best with your hairdressing and look forward to hearing more from you in the future when you have time.

Love

Joy 

• Bearteggie
    Bearteggie Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015
    Options

I love your profile photo.  You look gorgeous.  Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am glad that your life has returned to normal and you are feeling stronger and happier.  All the very best with your hairdressing and look forward to hearing more from you in the future when you have time.

Love

Joy 

• mandycoop
    mandycoop Member Posts: 87
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to post how things are going for you. As I'm smack bang in the middle of chemo it feels like life will never get back to any sort of normality. You certainly have given me hope that it will.
    I'm happy that things are slowly working out for you and that life is good.
    Love
    Mandy xxx
  • Christine Marie
    Christine Marie Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You look fantastic:) I have enjoyed reading your posts & I'm really happy that your life has returned to Normal again..You are an inspiration to everyone here..keep smiling & all the best to you :) big((hugs)) Christine:) xox