Happy New Year!

Options
Celbird
Celbird Member Posts: 680
edited January 2011 in Day to day

Well another year is upon us, and I'd like to wish everyone much health, happiness and success in 2011!

Having had a CT scan just before Xmas because I was having headaches, I was very relieved to find out that the scan revealed "nothing" (nothing sinister that is, not 'no brain' lol!). So again, I am very grateful to be here.....alive and well in 2011....HOW WONDERFUL! xxx

Comments

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

well welcome to another club, the one who has a photo to say we have a brain, (even though it has been fried) lol, so happy to hear all was clear, i think we having been through bc makes us more aware of our bodies, before bc if i was ill, i just thought aww well i'll get by i dont have to go to docs, now although i try not to be neurotic, i think now oh well i'll get it checked out, are you on Armidex?  are your headaches a side effect of medication? or don't they know. make sure you enjoy 2011 and we now know we should live every day to the full.

Keep up the good work on here, and thank you regards moira

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

well welcome to another club, the one who has a photo to say we have a brain, (even though it has been fried) lol, so happy to hear all was clear, i think we having been through bc makes us more aware of our bodies, before bc if i was ill, i just thought aww well i'll get by i dont have to go to docs, now although i try not to be neurotic, i think now oh well i'll get it checked out, are you on Armidex?  are your headaches a side effect of medication? or don't they know. make sure you enjoy 2011 and we now know we should live every day to the full.

Keep up the good work on here, and thank you regards moira

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Moira, I am taking Tamoxifen and was told it could be this that's causing the headaches, but the CT scan revealed "thickened" sinuses, which could also be causing the headaches. (I also had my eyes (eye sight) checked, but they came back clear too) . I've always had problems with my sinuses, so i believe they are the cause of the headaches. Also,  I've been clearing my sinuses with a kit from the chemist, and the headaches are almost gone so i suspect it was them causing me grief. Yes, you're right, I am definately more aware of my body nowadays. I only mentioned the headaches as a 'by the way' comment to my oncologist, and she jumped on it so quickly and ordered the CT scan etc. That made me more aware of the need to communicate any 'illness', no matter how minor it may seem, so that it can be followed up. Like you said, it doesn't mean flying into a panic, but it does mean being proactive and getting some answers. Hope you are recovering well from your op Moira xxx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Celeste ... I'm with you and Moira ... photographic evidence that I DO have a brain ..... how many of us can say that.

I was going through a series of dizzy spells and headaches (wanting to fall down for no apparent reason ... no Moira, no Moscato in sight!!!!)

I am on Arimidex so had to go off it for a month, have a CT scan and wait.  The oncologist said it wouldn't be a prob to go off the drug for a short time so that was reassuring.  He wanted to eliminate Arimidex as being the cause of the other problems.

When I went back for the results I was told  "you'll be pleased to know we didn't find a thing" ... thought for a moment that he meant no brain but that was just a passing thought.  I nearly had an excuse for all of my strange off-beat behaviour.  Never mind I'll have to think of something else!!!

It turned out I had a middle ear infection so a course of antibiotics fixed all that.

I guess this is a prime example that you can't be too careful, listen to your body and "report" anything that appears out of the ordinary.  It doesn't mean that we are turning into a mob of hypacondriacs ... it means we are a group of strong women who are in charge of our own destinies.

Take care ..... Shirl xxx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Celeste ... I'm with you and Moira ... photographic evidence that I DO have a brain ..... how many of us can say that.

I was going through a series of dizzy spells and headaches (wanting to fall down for no apparent reason ... no Moira, no Moscato in sight!!!!)

I am on Arimidex so had to go off it for a month, have a CT scan and wait.  The oncologist said it wouldn't be a prob to go off the drug for a short time so that was reassuring.  He wanted to eliminate Arimidex as being the cause of the other problems.

When I went back for the results I was told  "you'll be pleased to know we didn't find a thing" ... thought for a moment that he meant no brain but that was just a passing thought.  I nearly had an excuse for all of my strange off-beat behaviour.  Never mind I'll have to think of something else!!!

It turned out I had a middle ear infection so a course of antibiotics fixed all that.

I guess this is a prime example that you can't be too careful, listen to your body and "report" anything that appears out of the ordinary.  It doesn't mean that we are turning into a mob of hypacondriacs ... it means we are a group of strong women who are in charge of our own destinies.

Take care ..... Shirl xxx