Still a little anxious

Options
c.yeo
c.yeo Member Posts: 94
edited February 2014 in Health and wellbeing

I have been getting up in the middle of the night last few nights worrying about next wednesday when I will start my chemo. Been rereading all your post for reassurances from my previous blog. 

Sometimes still anxious but I don't have any questions. Just wanted to write down how I feel then try to get some sleep again.

Comments

• Merlins mum
    Merlins mum Member Posts: 443
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yep. We all have that! It is doable though. The first cycle I think is the hardest because you don't know what to expect or predict. It gets easier to cope with once you know how it affects you individually and the things you can do to stay well through the process.

Thinking of you

Julie xx
  • c.yeo
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Julie. Will try to keep my cool. Have you finished with your treatment? All the best.

Cis

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I finished my chemo 6 weeks ago now,but I can still remember the anxiety before that first one! I don't know what I thought,because like you,I read all the posts on here,but I was still as nervous as all hell !!! As soon as they put that first needle in,I waited for something to happen,and of course,nothing did! When I got home,I was still waiting,as was my husband and daughter,like I was a ticking time bomb!!! And nothing happened! For most ladies,the actual chemo session itself,is a non event.Try not to worry,and remember to let us know how you go:) Cheers Robyn.xoxo
  • Merlins mum
    Merlins mum Member Posts: 443
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No. Had 3 of 4 TC with no 3 being last Wednesday. A bit of an old hand at it now but some days still suck! All doable with medication, support and exercise when you are up to it.

:). Julie

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

C.yeo..... I can feel what you feel, I am waiting for the final report this Wed, I had a 2nd surgery of margin excision on 28JAN, to see if they might find further cancer cell around, or have to proceed a further surgery of mastectomy, I tried to keep peace myself and stay calm.

I know the Team do the best to save my "breast".

Take a walk at the beach, enjoy the breeze, keep yourself positive, tell yourself - I can make it.

Keep smiling.

Xoxo

• Federica
    Federica Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2015
    Options
    All the best for Wednesday C.Yeo , as many ladies said to me, waiting seems to be worst than the actual treatment.
    I am cleaning and exercing , and of course keep doing the daily chores, everything that help me to stop thinking about it. I take deep breaths, it seems to stop me from panicking .
    Take care , have a good rest and time for yourself. Big hugs , and let us know how you went.
    Federica xx
  • Tazza A
    Tazza A Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello c.yeo
    I had my first chemo on 22.01.2014 and like you, I was worried sick. As lovely ladies on this network told me, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. In fact, it went well and I felt fine after it. My husband went with me and we even popped into our favourite cafe for a coffee on the way home. Later that day, I felt fatigued, nauseous and had sweats but nothing the meds didn't settle. Feel free to take a look at my blog to check out the comments/suggestions given to me. They were most helpful and did certainly calm me. All the best for Wednesday.
    Tazza xoxo
  • c.yeo
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

I did the cleaning,  exercising, walking bits.  Am trying the relaxing bit now.

Will be in touch again. All the best to all.

Cis

• c.yeo
    edited March 2015
    Options

It is hard waiting but we will get through it.

Yes, keep smiling.

Cis 

• c.yeo
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Robyn. During the day, there are enough to get distracted. 

I enjoy reading your other posts.

Cis

• c.yeo
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for sharing your post. Many good advice there.

I am also on FEC x3 and decataxelx3.

Cis