No hats!

Options
Robyn W
Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
edited January 2014 in General discussion
I have changed my profile pic to show my hair growth at 4 weeks past chemo(1cm long so still technically bald!!)I am not wearing anything on my head any more,because I just got tired of it,and too hot!I know I am no spring chicken,but who cares.I have been out today,and no one really worries about it.I think it was me thinking that people were looking!And another little thing,3 weeks past chemo,I had very painful knees when riding my bike,to the point that I had to stop.This however has gone,and I am thinking that maybe it was the good old Docetaxel,still in my system :) I am 3 weeks into Tamoxifen too,and all good! I hope this post finds other ladies doing ok too.Love and cheers.xoxoRobyn

Comments

• Tashie125
    Tashie125 Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looking good Robyn. I too am 4 weeks post chemo and shooting a few sprouts on my head again. I have a bit of colour coming back and I'm not wearing a hat as much either for the same reasons. My immediate family and friends are used to me bold now anyway. My kids loving playing with my bold head and having a little giggle. Looking forward to more hair :)
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Janey.To answer your question,yes I am post menopausal,and have been for almost 7 years.I was given Tamoxifen,to try and avoid some of the Aromatase inhibitor drug side effects,for a couple of years.Fingers crossed! :) I will let you know how I am going in a couple of months.Take care and keep smiling Janey!xoxox Robyn
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes,a few sprouts!That is a good definition! Cheers Robyn.xoxo
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are the amazing one on this blog Mich!With all that you have had to cope with,I am in awe of you and your always happy outlook!That great post you started about what has helped people cope,is heading towards 100 comments I think!How fantastic!Dont stop blogging! xoxo Cheers Robyn.
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Those great hot flushes!I bought myself a small wooden fan this week,from an Asian shop near where I live.Just going to keep it in my handbag,and whip it out when I am shopping,and a hot flush strikes!I hope the Docetaxel is treating you kindly Hazel.xoxoRobyn.
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great smile, great attitude.  You go girl.

Paula x

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great smile, great attitude.  You go girl.

Paula x

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Robyn

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.

Luv n light to you always, Mich xoxoxoxo