Cruel Kids

Options
Qgirl42
Qgirl42 Member Posts: 23
edited January 2014 in General discussion

I just had a knock at the door...no-one was there but a note had been left.

It read...."Dear Mrs Mental, Leave our neighourhood. Nobody likes you."

I had to shave my head 10 days ago because of chemo and should be able to walk around my house and yard as I wish!

I know its ignorant teenagers( the writing style looks like a tennage girls)...but I have enough to worry about without this too.

I'm ok...more annoyed than anything. Will put it out of my mind unless it happens again.

Has anyone else had ignorant people hurt them?

Sue?

Comments

• tannie53
    tannie53 Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thats pretty sad! As someone who has taught teenagers my advice is to take no notice of them.  They will have done it as a joke or a dare. Kep doing what you are doing and smile! It's their issue not yours.

Tanya

• tannie53
    tannie53 Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thats pretty sad! As someone who has taught teenagers my advice is to take no notice of them.  They will have done it as a joke or a dare. Kep doing what you are doing and smile! It's their issue not yours.

Tanya

• Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sue,  That is just terrible!  I have not had any problems with strangers but during my chemo period, my 3 teenagers that live with us were unhelpful, rude and sometimes said hurtful things to me.

Teenagers sure can be cruel and self centered.  I  hope that is the end of it for you and that life starts to look up again,

All the best ,

Julia

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I pretty much agree with Tannie and Julia.Put it right out of your mind.It is their issue.I have 3 teenage boys that live with me in care.Not once through my surgery or chemo,have they showed the slightest concern or care towards me.And I have cared for them for 6 years!Teenage children these days,can be very thoughtless when it comes to anyone except themselves.Its a sign of the times unfortunately.Not all children,but a lot.Yesterday in a shopping centre,I had 2 girls that were laughing so hard at me,that they literally had to hang on to each other,to stop themselves falling over.I hightailed it into Kmart,and walked around,blinking hard,trying to keep the tears from falling.I managed to keep it together:) Focus on yourself,as these kids are probably annoying someone else today.Dont get drawn into their games. xoxox Robyn
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I pretty much agree with Tannie and Julia.Put it right out of your mind.It is their issue.I have 3 teenage boys that live with me in care.Not once through my surgery or chemo,have they showed the slightest concern or care towards me.And I have cared for them for 6 years!Teenage children these days,can be very thoughtless when it comes to anyone except themselves.Its a sign of the times unfortunately.Not all children,but a lot.Yesterday in a shopping centre,I had 2 girls that were laughing so hard at me,that they literally had to hang on to each other,to stop themselves falling over.I hightailed it into Kmart,and walked around,blinking hard,trying to keep the tears from falling.I managed to keep it together:) Focus on yourself,as these kids are probably annoying someone else today.Dont get drawn into their games. xoxox Robyn
  • Tracy62
    Tracy62 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sad that this had to happen to you. I know it can make things feel worse when something like this happens. You could do the letterbox drop idea or you may feel that you don't want to share that much - up to you.

I found that I ost a number of friends as they just didn't know how to deal with me having cancer. But when I looked back, I realised they weren't people I really needed to have around me. I have also made a lot of new friends - here and in person. They accept me and all that I am - and having had cancer is a part of that.

It is enough dealing with what you need to do on a daily basis without wasting time on ignorance. Surround yourself with love and positive thngs - and try to let go of the negatives - Or scream into a pillow - that helps too!

Tracy xxx

• Tracy62
    Tracy62 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sad that this had to happen to you. I know it can make things feel worse when something like this happens. You could do the letterbox drop idea or you may feel that you don't want to share that much - up to you.

I found that I ost a number of friends as they just didn't know how to deal with me having cancer. But when I looked back, I realised they weren't people I really needed to have around me. I have also made a lot of new friends - here and in person. They accept me and all that I am - and having had cancer is a part of that.

It is enough dealing with what you need to do on a daily basis without wasting time on ignorance. Surround yourself with love and positive thngs - and try to let go of the negatives - Or scream into a pillow - that helps too!

Tracy xxx

• Elizebeth
    Elizebeth Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sue...so sorry to hear the cruelty that those teenagers inflicted on you and I had some real issues with twin teenage girls that lived next door to me a few years ago and they were pretty much left unsupervised most days as their mother had a major drinking problem...they decided to start terrorizing the street and picked on some elderly people in the street who were terrified to come out of their houses...so I decided enough was enough and took it upon myself to stand up to these ratbags and it did not take too long for all of their anger and stupidity turned towards me....my lesson and this went on for 18 months is that they were both lost souls, bored, stupid and very cruel....I was not fighting BC then so had more energy and I did get them evicted after much police intervention and complaints ....so don't give them any of your time ....they simply are not worth the precious time we have! But dont't let them terrify you either....you are stronger and smarter and have lived longer ...hold your head high as you have earned it!

Rude teenagers always me of the scene out of the movie - 'Fried green tomatoes' when the actress Kathy Bates is driving into a car spot and some younger teenage girls steal the spot...saying something like 'face it grandma we are younger and quicker' at which point Kathy Bates sees red and starts ramming their car with her car pushing them out of the carspot and stealing it back whilst saying 'face it kids I am older and have more insurance'

E xx
  • Elizebeth
    Elizebeth Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sue...so sorry to hear the cruelty that those teenagers inflicted on you and I had some real issues with twin teenage girls that lived next door to me a few years ago and they were pretty much left unsupervised most days as their mother had a major drinking problem...they decided to start terrorizing the street and picked on some elderly people in the street who were terrified to come out of their houses...so I decided enough was enough and took it upon myself to stand up to these ratbags and it did not take too long for all of their anger and stupidity turned towards me....my lesson and this went on for 18 months is that they were both lost souls, bored, stupid and very cruel....I was not fighting BC then so had more energy and I did get them evicted after much police intervention and complaints ....so don't give them any of your time ....they simply are not worth the precious time we have! But dont't let them terrify you either....you are stronger and smarter and have lived longer ...hold your head high as you have earned it!

Rude teenagers always me of the scene out of the movie - 'Fried green tomatoes' when the actress Kathy Bates is driving into a car spot and some younger teenage girls steal the spot...saying something like 'face it grandma we are younger and quicker' at which point Kathy Bates sees red and starts ramming their car with her car pushing them out of the carspot and stealing it back whilst saying 'face it kids I am older and have more insurance'

E xx
  • fionaf
    fionaf Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is sad to hear what has happened but I think I wouldn't give them the pleasure of knowing how upsetting it was (as hard as this will be) but do agree that it was more than likely a teenage prank, harmless to them but not to the victim.

On a positive note I have 2 sons and although not perfect (they can be a bit lazy unless asked) they have been so positive to have around during my treatment. They shaved when I did and my youngest son who is 18 also got the support of 10 of his old school friends who shaved as well. It was very emotionally overwhelming - so while there will always be teen ratbags around there are many more young people with good hearts.

Hoping you feel better
  • fionaf
    fionaf Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is sad to hear what has happened but I think I wouldn't give them the pleasure of knowing how upsetting it was (as hard as this will be) but do agree that it was more than likely a teenage prank, harmless to them but not to the victim.

On a positive note I have 2 sons and although not perfect (they can be a bit lazy unless asked) they have been so positive to have around during my treatment. They shaved when I did and my youngest son who is 18 also got the support of 10 of his old school friends who shaved as well. It was very emotionally overwhelming - so while there will always be teen ratbags around there are many more young people with good hearts.

Hoping you feel better