Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Hi everyone!

Conniefrances
Conniefrances Member Posts: 5
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer
I'm wanting to chat to people about similar experiences.

I was diagnosed in 2010 with breast cancer and 2011 with secondary bone cancer. I'm 27 and have had
a few different surgery's. Heaps of radiation, 1 lot of chemo, Tamoxafin, leterazole and now exemestane and everolomus. Please excuse spelling.

I have cancer in my spine (middle and lower), my hips ribs and pelvis. Is anyone in similar boat?

Thanx
Connie

Comments

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015

Hi, Sorry to hear of your situation. I am 39 and also have secondary cancer in the bones and and lungs. Just yesterday I finished my 6 rounds of AC chemo to be told that it isagainst docs advice to have a break from any treatment! He says I now have to go onto something called taxabrane?? I think??. I really just wanted to have a break, grow some hair back and get back to real again!! How are your secondaries? Mine in the bone is in the lower tailbone. I get occasional pain but mostly not too bad. Physically I feel great, what gets to me is the terrible diagnosis this secondary crap apparently entails. Did your other treatments apart from the initial chemo cause hairloss? Nice to meet someone else in the same boat - even if it is a boat we would rather jump ship from haha. Take care. Natali xxx

• Jeannette
    Jeannette Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015

Sending love and prayers for both Connie and Natali. My heart goes out to you. You both sound so brave. I know how hard it is to try and stay positive. What can I say, just sending you loads of love. JJ xx

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015

Connie, there are quite a number of us in the same situation. However we all differ in the nature of the disease and the means of and response to treatment. As a fellow metster, one thing i have learned is that there are no certainties. All we can do is make the best of  whatever we face. I am a lot older than you and have been living with bone and liver mets for nearly 2 years. The first year was pretty horrible, with lots of chemo and the adjustment to diagnosis. But last year, I was stable with minimal side-effects and tried to make hay while the sun shines. I know of a number of younger women also living with ABC; you might try looking at the aussie breast cancer network as well.

Best wishes..... Pam

• susie_Q
    susie_Q Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2015

My love and prayers to you all, you are amazing women and I wish you strength and support to get through.