Baby on Board

Options
Kimmi
Kimmi Member Posts: 13
edited January 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Hi,  I was recently diagnosed at 19 wks pregnant with IBC after finding a large mass that literally appeared overnight.  3 weeks later I recieved my first chemo cycle, I have had 3 out of 4 now, mastectomy scheduled in Feb then Radiation and 3 more cycles of chemo.  So my first and last child is growing normally inside of me, I feel robbed but atleast I have her to fight for also, so feel blessed I was given her before the choice was taken away.  Has anyone else gone through this?

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know one of the ladies who was one of the first in Australia to undergo Chemo while pregnant. She was 20 weeks pregnant when diagnosed and had to fight to keep her baby. The doctors wanted to abort. She went through 3 rounds of chemo (I think) and then had the baby induced before continuing treatment. That baby is now a very healthy 19 year old. The mum (who was 27 at the time) was told she would not see 30. She is now 47 and despite a recurrence 8 or 9 years ago she is fit and well!

There is another lady on this network whose daughter was pregnant when diagnosed and had chemo before having the baby. I think they are doing well now too. I hope this helps you to stay strong. It is a terrible situation to find yourself in but as you say , you are blessed that you have her and every reason to believe that it will all be ok eventually. I really hope everything goes well for you and your baby. Take care. Deanne xxx
  • Kimmi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deanne,

That is vey encouraging to hear thanks so much.  I hope to find the other lady here also, anything I can relate to is encouraging at this time.  From what I hearbabies are a lot more resilient than we realise so I'm planning and living every day as if I don't have this " temporary interruption" in my life!  Thanks again, all the best to you xx

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good on you Kimmi stay upbeat as you can hun.  You have being young on your side and you have that beautiful baby inside of you to fight for.  I am sure you will both come through this fighting.

I am sending you all my love and heartfelt wishes that you can make it through this and come out the other side just like those luvly ladies Deanne talks about.

Lots of love today, tomorrow and always, Mich xoxoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good on you Kimmi stay upbeat as you can hun.  You have being young on your side and you have that beautiful baby inside of you to fight for.  I am sure you will both come through this fighting.

I am sending you all my love and heartfelt wishes that you can make it through this and come out the other side just like those luvly ladies Deanne talks about.

Lots of love today, tomorrow and always, Mich xoxoxoxoxo

• Kimmi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks so much Mich, I really appreciate that.   I will  surely fight hard, life is too wonderful to only give it half a crack or to crawl up in a victim ball!

At 39yo I have left it quite late to have a baby but I'm so thankful I didn't leave it another year or I would have lived my life without a child which for me would be devastating, so there is a silver lining.

Thanks, bless you xx

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kimmi,

I am so sorry to hear that you are fighting this 'temporary interruption'. But glad you can focus on your little miracle groaning inside you. She is definitely your silver lining.

I'm wishing you good luck and am sending you hugs.

Love Janey xxx
  • Kimmi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Janey and many thanks.  A miracle she most definately is :) It's amazing how protected babies are, so far so good, she is growing well anyway so a nervous few months wait and hopefully I can report a positive outcome for her.

Bless you xxx

• angel1278
    angel1278 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kimmi ;) I'm not sure if I'm the one you are looking for but I too was 17 weeks preg when diagnosed in dec 2012. My miracle daughter is now a perfect and healthy 8month old. It's a scary road you are traveling but rest assured you will come out the end of it with your beautiful bundle of joy. Hugs Hun and here if u need me xxx
  • angel1278
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kimmi ;) I'm not sure if I'm the one you are looking for but I too was 17 weeks preg when diagnosed in dec 2012. My miracle daughter is now a perfect and healthy 8month old. It's a scary road you are traveling but rest assured you will come out the end of it with your beautiful bundle of joy. Hugs Hun and here if u need me xxx
  • angel1278
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • Kimmi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow thanks so much for your contact, I would really like to chat to you.  You have already made my day! I will PM you, so glad to hear a positive story and so happy for you and your daughter xx

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm so glad you two have connected. See what an amazing site this is :)

Glad your little miracle daughter is perfect Angel1278.

Janey xxx
  • Nancy P
    Nancy P Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Kimmi, I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It's like a bit of my heart breaks away when I learn another woman has been diagnosed, and while pregnant of all times!!  I was 19 weeks pregnant too when my GP told me I had breast cancer (August 2011).  Our situation is so bitter-sweet.  And while the next few months are going to be the toughest and sh!ttiest you've ever faced, I'm here to tell you [and of course remind you, if ever you need me to : )] that there's every chance your precious little bub will continue to grow and develop beautifully and safely despite the onslaught of chemo, and be born a happy and healthy darling girl (as Angel1278 can attest to, as well as many other women on BCNA). She'll even have hair when she's born! ; ) My little Eve recently turned 2, and is a healthy, active, cheeky and very talkative toddler.  

Stay strong.  This too shall pass. You just have to put in a really good fight for the next few months!  What worked for me was to literally take ONE DAY AT A TIME - don't think too far ahead.

Happy to talk any time : )

xx

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG Nancy that is so precious and so luvly to hear.

Thank you for sharing.

Mich xoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Kimmi

I am so glad you have had some contact from other pink sisters that relate and know where you are coming from.

I am not sure if you are aware but here is a link to the 'Lumps & Bumps' online group that you can connect in with. There are 11 members who have all be pregnant when they were diagnosed. I hope the group will be able to help you my luvly lil mum to be :-) http://www.bcna.org.au/group/9161

I would so luv to see a profile pic of you and your lil bump and to see pics of you and  your very very extremely precious bundle grow, develop and fight through what is ahead of you.  You will find that there are so many people that are here for you that will be here for you every single step of your journey. You already know I am and I will be here right by your side.

I hope these details help huny.  If not, not to worry we are here for you.

Lots of luv always, Mich xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxox