HAPPIER NEW YEAR

Options
NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited January 2014 in Community news and events

Well we just had Christmas and New Year, and I look back , and then think about all those silly emotions and feelings we build up for one day of the year.  Last year, my husband and I had just moved to Launceston, I had just had my first Chemo, and we had my parents with us, eating lunch with my husband’s best friend and wife.    The bonus there was that we never get to spend Christmas with family because we work in retail and dont get to travel at that time.  But getting Cancer saw my parents at age of 74 fly here to nurse me!  

One year later, my Cancer is "cured",  (how I view it), my husband's best friend has passed away, and life keeps throwing us challenges.  

Each hurdle we jump proves to us, we can jump.  Bad luck is random, and rules are often broken, and we often get away with them.

They couldnt tell me exactly why I got Cancer in the first place, so I take a little bit of everything onboard, and am living an even healthier lifestyle than before. (however, it was already pretty good!).   But still enjoy the odd couple of glasses of wine, but still avoid sugar.

But for all those who are at the start of their Cancer experience, I wish you smooth sailing through operations, chemotherapy, radiation, and whatever path you are on.   I was emotional, scared, and had a couple of melt downs or two, but bounced back at the end.  

I hope this year will be more happier for us, and I hope good luck occurs instead of the bad!

Stay as strong as you can, and don’t feel guilty if you cant.  We are only human.  Hopefully you will get to the other side of this, as I have and have more opportunities to celebrate, to laugh and to enjoy this crazy thing called LIFE.

On New Years Eve, one year later, I had 2 drinks and went to a Concert in the Park here in Launceston, watched Fireworks with husband and friends.  What a difference a year can make!

HAPPIER NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

LOVE BEL XXXX