Welcome 2014

chipmunk
chipmunk Member Posts: 280
edited January 2014 in General discussion
Hello Pink Ladies, I wish you all a healthy, happy and fantastic New Year.
I hope 2014 brings you all what you wish for.
We all have, are , or about to embark on our journey with BC, so we need to remember we can beat this.
I am about to embark on my second year from diagnosis and I have gone through many bad times, emotions of all sorts and felt that it will never end.
But, my treatments have ended, still have thoughts of returning in the back of my mind. But, I will not let it run my life.
I have changed in my lifestyle , I walk every day, eat well, enjoy every minute with family and true friends.
Am embarking on a different work ethic and seeing life in a different way - spending more time enjoying life.
Realized that life, work , balance has been totally tipped upside down. Life is far more important than work.
So, I truly hope you all had a fantastic Xmas and the New Year brings you to realize, life is worth fighting for, life is worth smiling, laughing , being at peace with yourself, enjoying every day , rain, hail or shine. Enjoying family and friends.
Never put off what you want to do ,whether it's small or not.
I don't take anything for granted.
Love as always xxxx

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    It's great to hear you are doing well 2 years on. It certainly does change your thinking. I agree with what you have said about the life/work balance. It has even had an influence on family and friends and their attitude to this, which is a good positive to come out of all the tough times.

I don't take anything for granted either. Happy New Year!
    Deanne xx
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    It's great to hear you are doing well 2 years on. It certainly does change your thinking. I agree with what you have said about the life/work balance. It has even had an influence on family and friends and their attitude to this, which is a good positive to come out of all the tough times.

I don't take anything for granted either. Happy New Year!
    Deanne xx
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hey Chipmunk

A big Happy New Year and luvly to hear you are going okay. 

My treatment for BC is over and I made it through that tunnel, I saw that light and made it out the other side!!!!!!!  As you say it is doable.  It definitely has it's moments along the way but we get there.

I agree totally with all that you say and we have no idea what is just around the corner so we have to make the most of every single moment.

I have ongoing issues from my treatment but i am dealing with it. 

We have come such a long way. 

Keep on smiling and keeping yourself well and happy.

Lots of love always, Mich xoxoxoxoxoxo