2013 what a year

Options
JanineB
JanineB Member Posts: 19
edited December 2013 in General discussion

As they year comes to a close it has been hard not to reflect on the year that has been and the year that will come. Of course I will finish 2013 with a CT scan to see how my mets are behaving. 

Christmas was spent with family & was very emotional for me, although I did manage to hide this well. 

Tomorrow night being New Years Eve I would normally be holding a party or a least attending one, however I want to stay home and let the night pass but noone seems to understand my wish. Whilst I hope that the coming year is going to be somewhat better then this I would prefer to see the year in quitely for a change and deal with my emotions as they hit. My husband wants to visit with his family & whilst I am happy for him to take his kids and go, he is resentful that I won't go with him. I don't expect him to understand I just want him to be ok with my decision.

New years resolutions won't be huge on my list but rather it will be full of hopes. Hope that they keep my mets from spreading, hope that they find a cure for everyone, hope to spend time with my family and loved ones, hope to enjoy 2014. 

What ever everyone decides to do to see the new year in I hope you all have a wonderful time and hope that 2014 is a fantastic year for everyone

Comments

• Lorraine
    Lorraine Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi JanineB

It seems appropriate to me that you would like to see the New Year in in quiet reflection.  Maybe your husband does not understand because he is afraid of loosing you.  It is my experience that an expectation that we will deal with the emotions of loved ones is a very difficult task.  When dealing with Cancer beast we do not have the reserves to take that on.  So be true to yourself and do what you need to do.  Keep making that list of hopes for 2014.  I too hope that your mets are kept from spreading and that 2014 is a good year for you and your family.  Believe in yourself and that you are amazing.

Lots of love to you

Lorraine xx

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm with Tonya on this! He will get over it;) We are staying home too,just happy to be well and together.I hope that 2014 brings for you what you are hoping for.The emotions associated with BC are definitely the hardest things for my husband to deal with.How great that we can come on here and chat with people that truly understand.All the best. xoxox. Robyn
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm with Tonya on this! He will get over it;) We are staying home too,just happy to be well and together.I hope that 2014 brings for you what you are hoping for.The emotions associated with BC are definitely the hardest things for my husband to deal with.How great that we can come on here and chat with people that truly understand.All the best. xoxox. Robyn
  • JanineB
    JanineB Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is great that we have this site & we are able to say exactly how we feel & have others understand us. I thank you all for your responses as now I don't feel that my wants are unjust. Xx