New here

Options
c.yeo
c.yeo Member Posts: 94
edited December 2013 in Health and wellbeing

I have just had a bilateral mastectomy last week and post surgery results with surgeon yesterday. The surgeon said a lot but I only heard 2 tumours, 70mm lcis and 15mm ductal.

I am feel anxious and would like to hear positive stories out there.

C

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome to this network where you'll get lots of support, information and you won't feel so alone.Did you take anyone with you to your surgeon's visit? If yes, then perhaps they remember more.You've just had big surgery and you are anxious so it's not unusual to miss what the surgeon was saying.When you visit your surgeon again,ask for a copy of your pathology and also write down everything he says.If you can't take it all in then ask your surgeon to write it down for you so you can reread it later.I found that very helpful.Your 2 tumours sound small - can you remember if they were oestrogen positive or negative? You would also be told whether your lymph nodes had any cancer cells or not. Perhaps these questions might jolt your memory.I've had breast cancer twice in the same breast.The first time was in 2003 and the second time was in 2010 when I had a mastectomy and then chemo. I am fine now,enjoying life.The majority of women with early breast cancer survive and go on to live for many more years.I know it's an anxious time for you at the moment,with lots of adjustments to make.Once you have more information and a treatment plan then you will feel less anxious.Blog back anytime for support- always a pink sister here to help.

Tonya xx

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey C

I would like to welcome you to BCNA site and so glad you found us.  It is so natural to be anxious. Chris and Tonya have given you wonderful advice and this should help you.  If you need to know anything before your next visit perhaps call the surgeons rooms and ask the girls to find out for you.

Make sure you get a copy of all reports as you go for any future queries.

There are so many of your pink sisters on here who have travelled a similar road to what you are encountering and we have all reached the other side of the tunnel and I am sure you will do the same.

If you have any queries or concerns or just want to have a chat pop back on here and someone will be here for you.

Do you have a lot of support around you to help you with things like appoinntments etc.?  Your breast nurse is always a good person to help you as well.

Good luck and we are here for you.

Lots of love Mich xoxoxo

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey C

I would like to welcome you to BCNA site and so glad you found us.  It is so natural to be anxious. Chris and Tonya have given you wonderful advice and this should help you.  If you need to know anything before your next visit perhaps call the surgeons rooms and ask the girls to find out for you.

Make sure you get a copy of all reports as you go for any future queries.

There are so many of your pink sisters on here who have travelled a similar road to what you are encountering and we have all reached the other side of the tunnel and I am sure you will do the same.

If you have any queries or concerns or just want to have a chat pop back on here and someone will be here for you.

Do you have a lot of support around you to help you with things like appoinntments etc.?  Your breast nurse is always a good person to help you as well.

Good luck and we are here for you.

Lots of love Mich xoxoxo

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

You have come to the right place, as the ladies have said. Anytime you need advice or comfort, we will be here to help. Having someone with you for your appointments is an excellent piece of advice. Ask the professionals as many questions as you like, it's your body and your life. Even if you think they are silly questions, don't leave if you haven't understood what's been said. Wish you luck with your treatments, take care, 

Hazelxx

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi:) I had a 17mm ductal carcinoma.I had a mastectomy,and have just finished chemo.Mine was estrogen and progesterone positive,so I will be going onto Tamoxifen in a couple of weeks.I can't stress enough,the importance of always taking someone with you,or if that's not possible,write down everything you are told.Also,you are entitled to a copy of your pathology report.I asked for mine,and all the information about my tumour was in it.Your surgeon will have a copy,and your GP will probably have been sent one also.I got mine from the GP.I was scared witless when I was first diagnosed,but I learnt to listen to the ladies on here,who had gone before me.They were always right;)As Tonya said,the majority of women with BC,go on to live long lives.Try not to worry too much.Sending you a big hug.xoxox. Robyn
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi:) I had a 17mm ductal carcinoma.I had a mastectomy,and have just finished chemo.Mine was estrogen and progesterone positive,so I will be going onto Tamoxifen in a couple of weeks.I can't stress enough,the importance of always taking someone with you,or if that's not possible,write down everything you are told.Also,you are entitled to a copy of your pathology report.I asked for mine,and all the information about my tumour was in it.Your surgeon will have a copy,and your GP will probably have been sent one also.I got mine from the GP.I was scared witless when I was first diagnosed,but I learnt to listen to the ladies on here,who had gone before me.They were always right;)As Tonya said,the majority of women with BC,go on to live long lives.Try not to worry too much.Sending you a big hug.xoxox. Robyn