Merry Christmas!

Options
yetbeung
yetbeung Member Posts: 167
edited December 2013 in Community news and events
I'd just like to wish everyone a very merry christmas, regardless of where you're at on your BC "journey"... l hope your festive season is filled with friends, family, as much happiness & food as you can handle, & lots of laughs :-)

A special thank you to the ladies who have offered me advice & kind words over the last couple of months, it's very appreciated, hopefully in the new year l will have the privilege of meeting some of you in person :-)

Have a lovely day, bring on a happy & healthy 2014!
From Bobbie
xox

Comments

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ho ho ho.  This time last year, I was inbetween Chemo no 1 and 2, drinking apple juice and eating natural foods only.  This year, will be totally different.  I wish all those who are at the beginning of their experience great strength, support, love and good luck for this year ahead!  There will be a light at the end of the tunnel, and you too will get through as I did.  (This is what I wish for all of course!).  Love Bel

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Have a great day! I will be eating junk all day,and generally breaking the rules:) Just not drinking today,cause I don't want to make myself sick! Take care.xoxoRobyn
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's so nice Boobie to post on Christmas Day. Must admit I've not looked at the posts here for a few days so just catching up.

Hope you enjoyed your Christmas and you were able to forget about everything else for the day. Good company, good food and good wine were the order for me :)

I hope too that 2014 brings healing for us all no matter where we are on our journeys.

Lots of love
    Janey xxx

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Funny!

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh I didn't realise I slipped up there. Sorry Bobbie :)
  • yetbeung
    yetbeung Member Posts: 167
    edited March 2015
    Options

You know, I didn't even realise the typo until it was pointed out, and I actually make that typo all the time! (A bit ironic & rather funny that someone else did it on here though!) 

I ended up having a nice christmas day, had a little meltdown on christmas eve as I felt I was robbing Zac of his christmas festivities - we usually get quite into the spirit of things but this yr I just wasn't in the mood (and he's a 37yr old little boy who loves all things christmas) - but pulled myself together and had a nice day with family...I broke all the rules also, only had one glass of wine but it kept getting refilled! Ate plenty of junk and I don't care one bit. 

The flu thingy I had is kind of going, I'm still snotty & coughing a bit but the aches & sinus pressure has gone now, along with the green stuff. Hopefully I'll be all better for chemo no.3 on 7th Jan. 

Glad everyone had a good day! I'm having a low key NYE, will probably wander down to the st kilda pier & watch everything from there, easier than fighting our way into the city on packed trams!

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well we just had Christmas and New Year, and I look at your message, and then think about all those silly emotions and feelings we build up for one day of the year.  Last year, my husband and I had just moved to Launceston, I had just had my first Chemo, and we had my parents with us, eating lunch with my husbands best friend and wife.  One year later, my Cancer is cured, my husband's best friend has passed away, and life keeps throwing us challenges.  

Each hurdle we jump proves to us, we can jump.  Bad luck is random, and rules are often broken, and we often get away with them.

But for all those who are at the start of their Cancer experience, I wish you smooth sailing through operations, chemotherapy, radiation, and what ever path you are on.  I hope this year will be more happier for us, and I hope good luck occurs instead of the bad!

Stay as strong as you can, and dont feel guilty if you cant.  We are only human.  Hopefully you will get to the other side of this, as I have and have more opportunities to celebrate, to laugh and to enjoy this crazy thing called LIFE.

HAPPIER NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

LOVE BEL XXXX

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well we just had Christmas and New Year, and I look at your message, and then think about all those silly emotions and feelings we build up for one day of the year.  Last year, my husband and I had just moved to Launceston, I had just had my first Chemo, and we had my parents with us, eating lunch with my husbands best friend and wife.  One year later, my Cancer is cured, my husband's best friend has passed away, and life keeps throwing us challenges.  

Each hurdle we jump proves to us, we can jump.  Bad luck is random, and rules are often broken, and we often get away with them.

But for all those who are at the start of their Cancer experience, I wish you smooth sailing through operations, chemotherapy, radiation, and what ever path you are on.  I hope this year will be more happier for us, and I hope good luck occurs instead of the bad!

Stay as strong as you can, and dont feel guilty if you cant.  We are only human.  Hopefully you will get to the other side of this, as I have and have more opportunities to celebrate, to laugh and to enjoy this crazy thing called LIFE.

HAPPIER NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

LOVE BEL XXXX

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

Happy New Year to you too. Just back online after a almost 3 week break from my computer and trying to catch-up with my breast buddies.

I hope that life starts to improve for you as you travel through the treatments, its not easy and I note that you are looking for some work to do at home.

Its such a bugger that not only do we have to cope with our health issues, rounds of doctors, treatments etc but that we have a loss of income too.

I suppose working from home is dependant on the skills you have and the enviroment you usually work in.

I was extremely lucky, I work for a global corporate, had 5 months sick leave, income protection and a boss that was happy for me to work from home when I could. I was evenh more fortunate that when I did resume workj after 7 months sick leave to have them allow me to ease back in and still work from home on days I get tired.

My only suggestion would be to contact companies that you have contracted for in the past offering your services on a part-time form home basis if possible.

Good luck with your new chemo.

Sending hugs

Donna