Just diagnosed

Options
2»

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is lovely to hear how you are going. I hope the radiation weeks pass quickly for you and your family. Do you have something to keep yourself busy with while you are away? Weekends will be the highlight of your weeks, maybe it is possible to plan for a little holiday with the whole family to celebrate at the end. Give yourself a couple of weeks to recover after radiation. You will be tired and may have some skin reactions to settle.

I have been on tamoxifen for over 3 months now and find the effects are minimal. I did feel nauseous the first couple of nights but that settled quickly. I have had mild hot flushes but find if I avoid coffee, spicy foods and stress, these are much less. Emotionally I am better than before, much calmer! I do a lot of exercise (1/2 hour walk morning and night, swim 3 days a week, 30 minutes of yoga and Pilates each day) and think this has a lot to do with helping to reduce the side effects of tamoxifen.

Wishing you all the best for radiation and hope you find tamoxifen ok. It must be very reassuring to have had the same recommendation for treatment from so many doctors. Take care. Deanne xxx