Overwhelmed and alone

Options
Kathryn Louise 65
Kathryn Louise 65 Member Posts: 4
edited December 2013 in Health and wellbeing
November 6th I sat in a doctors surgery and had a piece of paper sat down in front of me, "here read this, it's a little different than we expected" I could not understand any of it but my eyes went to the bold print MALIGNANT 5.5mm Phyllodes tumour, and everything since that day has blurred, rushed surgery, medication, and today I realise the enormity of the way my life will now be. Hard to even type without crying, it's all I do.

Comments

• vicko
    vicko Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

Kathryn, you gave me a chill when I read your post as thats what happend to me, but you can beat this, dont you give up, all of us here can help is some way, did you have mastectomy ? what medication are you on?

mine was 8.5 malignant I opted for mastectomy, it will be 3 years next week and im  living life, I had re-construciton surgery.

Be strong

Vicki

• vicko
    vicko Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

Kathryn, you gave me a chill when I read your post as thats what happend to me, but you can beat this, dont you give up, all of us here can help is some way, did you have mastectomy ? what medication are you on?

mine was 8.5 malignant I opted for mastectomy, it will be 3 years next week and im  living life, I had re-construciton surgery.

Be strong

Vicki

• Bearteggie
    Bearteggie Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015
    Options

Kathryn, I too am sorry that you have found yourself here.  I was diagnosed on the 5th November, Melbourne Cup Day and completely understand how you are feeling and the enormity of this event.  You have come to the right place  though and I, like others here will support you.  Since joining this network I don't feel so alone.  Early days!  We have to take one step at a time.  Crying is good, just let the tears flow.  You will feel better for it.  I am sending you a big big hug.

Love

Joy xx

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

I can understand the tears, let them flow:) Try to stay positive and you have come to the right website. We are all here for you, so whenever you want to vent or share your feelings, we will be here and we will comfort you:) You are defintely not alone, sending you a big hug, take care

Hazel xx

• Jenw
    Jenw Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

Today it is one year since my Doctor rang me, with the words I'm so sorry, you have Cancer, well here I'am one year gone so is my Cancer, after Mastectomy, Chemo, then Radiotherapy, let the tears flow like Hazel said, I wish I had shares in Kleenex, I think I cryed everyday, but I got through it with the help from this web site, I'm having my Left Boob off in February, this may sound strange but I'm looking forward to having it all over with. You will get through this, just keep getting on this site when you want to vent, you will have lots of us keeping a look out for you. Remember you are never alone.

Jenny xx

• Jenw
    Jenw Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

Today it is one year since my Doctor rang me, with the words I'm so sorry, you have Cancer, well here I'am one year gone so is my Cancer, after Mastectomy, Chemo, then Radiotherapy, let the tears flow like Hazel said, I wish I had shares in Kleenex, I think I cryed everyday, but I got through it with the help from this web site, I'm having my Left Boob off in February, this may sound strange but I'm looking forward to having it all over with. You will get through this, just keep getting on this site when you want to vent, you will have lots of us keeping a look out for you. Remember you are never alone.

Jenny xx

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Everyone has said it all here already. I'm so sorry that you have joined us but you have definitely come to the right place. The love and support from our wonderful Pink Sisters is amazing. Any time you want to share your worries, tell us your news or just rant and rave, you go right ahead. We will be here listening and holding your hand. This is a roller coaster ride but you will be through to the end before you know it. It's almost my one year anniversary since I heard those awful words and I can't believe how quickly this year has gone and my cancer too has gone.

Be kind to yourself and let yourself grieve. It's healthier than trying to be brave and keep it all bottled up inside.

Take things one day at a day Kathryn.

Hugs to you
    Love Janey xxx
  • skarch33
    skarch33 Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathryn,

Yes it's all been said here and please know that we all shed tears for you and all of us. I found the other big thing was all the info given.

As you are in a state of shock it's good to say 'can you write it down' or even, as I do take a note book and write the words you hear. Then you can re ask or go away and think and ask next time (or call).

Best of luck for your journey xx Sue

• Kathryn Louise 65
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I didn't know how to read the messages I'm sorry until now, not only that had forgotten the password and log in everything was a bit much. I'm a bit of a mess tonight, got given an extra week of radiation and I'm so sore and burnt, and the heat of 40 plus degrees has not helped.
    I am truly at the point of just not wanting to go for treatment tomorrow. I'm exhausted, I'm sore and I'm a wreck.
    No longer able to be brave for my kids, I cry so much.
    Wish things were as they used to be, but it never will be again.
  • Kathryn Louise 65
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I didn't know how to read the messages I'm sorry until now, not only that had forgotten the password and log in everything was a bit much. I'm a bit of a mess tonight, got given an extra week of radiation and I'm so sore and burnt, and the heat of 40 plus degrees has not helped.
    I am truly at the point of just not wanting to go for treatment tomorrow. I'm exhausted, I'm sore and I'm a wreck.
    No longer able to be brave for my kids, I cry so much.
    Wish things were as they used to be, but it never will be again.
  • kchehade
    kchehade Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kathryn
    I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. It must be horrible. Burn on top of burn. I can't imagine how painful that would be. hang in there. One more week to go after all you have been through.
    I start my chemo next week and of course not looking forward to it. I guess its better than the alternative (dying).
    I'll be praying for you.
    Love
    Katia
  • kchehade
    kchehade Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kathryn
    I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. It must be horrible. Burn on top of burn. I can't imagine how painful that would be. hang in there. One more week to go after all you have been through.
    I start my chemo next week and of course not looking forward to it. I guess its better than the alternative (dying).
    I'll be praying for you.
    Love
    Katia
  • Bearteggie
    Bearteggie Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have just read your post and feel so sorry that you are feeling so emotionally and physically exhausted.  I do really hope that you have woken this morning feeling a little better and more able to approach your last radition therapy.  It has been terribly hot and it must be so hard for you trying to be brave for your kids.  Do you have anyone who is helping and supporting you?

I wish I could be there to give you a big hug personally.  But I am thinking of you and praying that you will find comfort and a sense of calm in this storm.

Lots of love

Joy xx

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know what you mean about wishing things were as they as used to be, I did that myself for some years. But you know, you have already been strong up to this point in your treatment, you can do this, you are nearly there. Sending you a big hug, hope your pain eases, 

Hazel xx

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You poor darling. I hope treatment today was tolerable for you and it won't be any worse than you have already been through. Kathryn it's only been a couple of months and you're still having to adjust to this 'journey'. Take some deep breaths and just breath. It will get better and you will be through it. We are all here for you and sending you positive vibes that things will improve very soon.

One day at a time :)

Lots of love
    Janey xxx