Woohoo - what a great site

Options
Nicky
Nicky Member Posts: 5
edited December 2010 in Day to day

Hi Ladies

Been reading some of your blogs and this is just going to be so good to keep in contact with people.  I've just had a right mastectomy, lymph node (3 positive), start chemo and radio in the near year.  Bit nervous but very positive and this site will be a blessing as living in the Pilbara it feels a little isolated for information.  Ca'nt believe Christmas is only over a week away - our daughter reminds us everyday.    Not sure about blogs and who reads these but I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.  Merry Christmas to all - hope Santa is good to you....

Comments

• w.a. kaz
    w.a. kaz Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Nicky, nice to "meet" you. Yes this site is great for info, contacting new friends with common ground or just to chat. I see your in WA, I'm in Geraldton so if your ever travelling through check out our group for lunch and a chat. I facilitate the Geraldton young womans cancer support group and we have a great bunch that meet monthly. I hope you can find a support group up your way, were are you doing your chemo?? i guess you will be in perth for any radiation, crawford lodge is great for country stay trips to perth but you have to get in quick as rooms are limited.  good luck with your journey and keep your positive attitude it's a winner and your saviour,   chat soon   Kaz

• w.a. kaz
    w.a. kaz Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Nicky, nice to "meet" you. Yes this site is great for info, contacting new friends with common ground or just to chat. I see your in WA, I'm in Geraldton so if your ever travelling through check out our group for lunch and a chat. I facilitate the Geraldton young womans cancer support group and we have a great bunch that meet monthly. I hope you can find a support group up your way, were are you doing your chemo?? i guess you will be in perth for any radiation, crawford lodge is great for country stay trips to perth but you have to get in quick as rooms are limited.  good luck with your journey and keep your positive attitude it's a winner and your saviour,   chat soon   Kaz

• fishav
    fishav Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome Nicky!

Glad you are finding the site of benefit to you - BCNA is justifiably proud of it! Don't be afraid to let us know all your ups & downs & inbetweens as being isolated is the last thing you need to feel as you travel this journey.I'm guessing you will have to travel for treatment - that can be very drainging. Don't be surprised if you feel more tired than you expected - be sure to give in & rest as your body tells you to - an easy thing to overlook! Us mums have a tendency to be wonderwomen & can forget to listen to our own needs as we worry about everyone else.

We are here to help you in any way we can, so don't be afraid to ask questions, or seek reassurance - whatever you need! One thing that has helped me is to remeber that there is no pass or fail in dealing with Breast Cancer - we are all individuals & our journeys are all different - welcome to the club! Hell of a joining fee, but you meet some great people along the way!

Take care of you & have a lovely Christmas with your family ( & remember  .... REST!!!)

Bye for now, Fiona   :-)

• fishav
    fishav Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome Nicky!

Glad you are finding the site of benefit to you - BCNA is justifiably proud of it! Don't be afraid to let us know all your ups & downs & inbetweens as being isolated is the last thing you need to feel as you travel this journey.I'm guessing you will have to travel for treatment - that can be very drainging. Don't be surprised if you feel more tired than you expected - be sure to give in & rest as your body tells you to - an easy thing to overlook! Us mums have a tendency to be wonderwomen & can forget to listen to our own needs as we worry about everyone else.

We are here to help you in any way we can, so don't be afraid to ask questions, or seek reassurance - whatever you need! One thing that has helped me is to remeber that there is no pass or fail in dealing with Breast Cancer - we are all individuals & our journeys are all different - welcome to the club! Hell of a joining fee, but you meet some great people along the way!

Take care of you & have a lovely Christmas with your family ( & remember  .... REST!!!)

Bye for now, Fiona   :-)

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Nicky and welcome! :) Not sure if you've found the Help page yet, but have a look there if you haven't already -- it gives you some ideas on how to find your way around.  Plus, you can always just ask if you get stuck with anything. 

• kay
    kay Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Nicky,

I live on a property in Central Qld and I'm glad of this site to be in contact with people that are going through the same thing. I started chemo in January this year so know how you feel. Once the first one was over I was more settled. I just didn't know what was going to happen. We were told all what could happen and the side effects but a lot of it didn't. The travelling for treatment was draining for me. But everybody is different I think.

Kay

• kay
    kay Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Nicky,

I live on a property in Central Qld and I'm glad of this site to be in contact with people that are going through the same thing. I started chemo in January this year so know how you feel. Once the first one was over I was more settled. I just didn't know what was going to happen. We were told all what could happen and the side effects but a lot of it didn't. The travelling for treatment was draining for me. But everybody is different I think.

Kay

• Nicky
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kaz, so great to hear from you.  My "in-laws" live in Geraldton so next year between treatments we want to go and see them and will definately look you up too.  Yes I'll be having treatment in Perth (Onco appoint on 11th Jan) and I have heard Crawford Lodge is good and will try and stay there when Radio starts as I will stay with family in Perth for the Chemo but fly back and forth to Wickham (near Karratha).    You obviously are a great help to the ladies of Geraldton and I'm sure they are very thankful.  I will keep in touch.

Nicky

• Nicky
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Fiona for such a positive reply - you sound lovely and seem so positive also.  Will keep in touch and you have an awesome Chrissy

Nicky

• Nicky
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks so much Di, I will have a look at this - Merry Chrissy

• Nicky
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kay

I hope your feeling well now and all is good.  Did you have any special food or drink diet when you were on Chemo?  Hope all is well with you and Merry Chrissy

Nicky