rehab

Options
Margherite
Margherite Member Posts: 22
edited November 2013 in General discussion
Hi All. I just wanted to share that I started with the Victorian Oncology Rehab program this week. I was speaking with my breast care nurse re my fatigue and she gave me two places. one was in wantirna and this one was the old TAC site in Glewaverly. I went with the latter and have been really pleased to date. the program is usually an 8 week twice a week group program two hours twice a week but it can be tailored, I think. though I haven't
finished my radio yet and am still so fatigue physically and with this chemobrain I am finding it worthwhile. It feels like I am putting myself first.. I decided to do it this year when it is totally covered by my health insurance as I've already paid my out of pocket hospital thing this year... because its like a Rehab Hospital but you do it as an outpatient. I especially found it helpful to fill in the objective questionnaires re how I'm doing in certain things or how tired I am all the time on a scale of 1-10. it was good for me to acknowledge it to myself but even
better that I then had a tool that I could explain it to my husband as I hadn't realised that Ive been soldiering on and haven't really let him see all the struggles I was having the effort I was using to do just the basic things. have issues with my low blood pressure and the were monitoring this carefully during exercise so if you have other health concerns they will be able to help. its better than trying to go to a gym or, for me, trying to do it on my own. I'm too scared to walk too far from home as I'm scared I wont make it back. anyway, despite swelling and pins and needles and all sorts of things I feel like I am getting back on track and wanted to share. sorry if I waffle. chemo brain at work. the guy to contact there is Daniel Smith at Daniel.Smith@healthscope.com.au enjoy xx

Comments

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

I did the rehab program thru Wantirna Health. Melb. 

LOVED IT! Help me sooooo much. I was so inspired I went back to school to learn how to become a rehab assistant /.... 

Highly recommend it ! 

• sillysam83
    edited March 2015
    Options

I did the rehab program thru Wantirna Health. Melb. 

LOVED IT! Help me sooooo much. I was so inspired I went back to school to learn how to become a rehab assistant /.... 

Highly recommend it ! 

• Margherite
    Margherite Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Sam. It has given me more energy. Today I could squat to pick up something from the floor without having to pull myself up on anything. Hope yr enjoying your rehab assistant work!,
  • sillysam83
    edited March 2015
    Options

you need a qualification to work in the industry - so back to school for me. finish my course next yr. then will let u know how much i enjoy it!