New resource to help partners

Annie Gayed
Annie Gayed Member Posts: 204

Hi all,

It’s hard to believe that it’s November already…how did that happen?  In the BCNA office, we have been busy developing a new booklet to help partners of people diagnosed with breast cancer. I’m thrilled to say that the booklet is now available!

BCNA’s new booklet ‘I wish I could fix it’: Supporting your partner through breast cancer aims to help partners, male and female, of women diagnosed with breast cancer within the last 12 months.

The booklet includes information on breast cancer and its treatments, ways that partners can support the woman diagnosed, and practical tips to deal with some of the common challenges that they themselves may face. The booklet also includes information resources and counselling services available to partners.

It’s normal for partners to feel overwhelmed when the woman they love is diagnosed with breast cancer. Partners will often experience a whole range of emotions – shock, uncertainty, fear, helplessness, and sadness. Our new booklet aims to help partners through their loved one’s breast cancer diagnosis and to help them support her during her treatment and beyond.

The booklet can be downloaded from the BCNA website.

The booklet is best suited to partners of women newly diagnosed with breast cancer, generally within the last 12 months. Of course, those beyond the 12 month mark are still welcome to download the booklet if they think it may be useful to them or their partner.

If you have any feedback on the booklet, please don't hesitate to email me at policy@bcna.org.au.

~ Annie

Tagged: