Ok, I admit I overdid it

Options
Casjsa
Casjsa Member Posts: 181
edited November 2013 in Health and wellbeing

I was feeling quite good today so first I supervised the filling of my new vegie garden.  I didn't lift any bags, I just did a bit of light raking (garden is 4ft x 3ft, not half an acre.  Then I went to speak with my uncle about my dissertation for next year.  Got nowhere with him, he is 80, suffers from narcolepsy and kept falling asleep halfway through a sentence.  Then I did a quick shop, went to the uni to take library books back.  Came home, my uncle had given me some agapanthus to plant in pots so I had to put them in buckets for tonight because I can't lift the dirt into the pots and my son was at work.  Then I thought I would vacuum and mop the floors.  That just about wiped me out.  Felt a bit funny after that so fortunately my mum appeared having brought my son home from work and she made tea for me.  When she left I thought oh, I'll just go and plant those vegies, no energy required for that.  I planted peas, squash and cucumbers, put sugar cane mulch around them and then watered the entire garden front and back.  My arm has gone pins and needles.  I'm so annoyed at this body that won't get on with it and heal in a hurry.  I did say at the very beginning that I'm not a good patient  lol. So the question now is, will my son make dinner or will we have pizza, maccas or fish n chips?

Comments

• Casjsa
    edited March 2015
    Options

We had fish n chips :)  Lesson learned.

• JodieWall
    JodieWall Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yum. Good choice! One day we need to meet up and have a coffee. Xxx
  • Casjsa
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yep, we do.  Next time you're down here or I'm up that way we will do that Jodie :)  I'm in Brisbane Wed this week to Wed next week but lunch is taken on the run in these things so I couldn't promise to be in any particular place at a given time  but I'm always going up and down to Brissie so we can make it happen.

Yep the chips were the saving grace last night.  The fish, supposedly Snapper was overcooked and the batter was sloppy.  If it was a Snapper then I'm an Aardvark.  My ex was a keen fisherman so we caught and ate a lot of fish.  Time to find a new Fish n Chips shop. :)

• dizumba
    dizumba Member Posts: 66
    edited March 2015
    Options

I appulse you  done your vigie garden , I actually put my favourite tomatoe plants on vegie  gaden before my  2 nd chemo  ,  the lovely tomatoes  had grow tall wow soon blossm begin ..  i did dig  soils  , yes sore back of  no strength but  take time  come back again on and off dig  now all done  vegie make me proud shine my beaut vegie garden . my adults  cant belive me , i did it....they asking if tomatoes grow and gave to them lol  spoilt Adults ha 

so good luck of your dream beauty vegie garden

good luck  Dianne xx

• Casjsa
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Dianne, my gardens make me and other people happy.  I often get stopped out the front by people wanting to tell me that they enjoy my little garden (we are on 400msq blocks so not much land).  I'm into flowers, particularly blue and pink ones and my front garden is like a cottage garden.  Everything self seeds, I just feed and water and prune when it gets a little out of hand.

My backyard is mostly vegies and Frangipannis and my view of the mountain behind me.  Its rather a nice place to live.  Its a nice place to come home to after hospital as well. If I could afford it I'd buy it.

Cas X

• Casjsa
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm not going to tell you about mowing the back lawn left handed :P

• JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow 900 wigs...you can have a different style each week if you wanted!

I've got fluid build up too so will be interesting when I get checked in the morning :-/

I'm happy with my onc she is confident and in turn makes me feel better. I feel ick in my stomach tonight. I guess reality is hitting that its now 2 sleeps away and the first round will be over.

I hope I cope like robynw. She is doing so well.

Ill follow your blog for sure.

Jodie xxx
  • JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options

i just had 250ml drained! I couldnt believe there was so much fluid in there.

Boy does it feel better now though. 

I will be there at 8.30 am for bloods to be taken. They take an hour to come back. Im guessing they will start around 10ish? Not really sure because its my first time.

As long as they load me up with anti nausea medication ill be ok. Well I hope I will be!

• JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options

i just had 250ml drained! I couldnt believe there was so much fluid in there.

Boy does it feel better now though. 

I will be there at 8.30 am for bloods to be taken. They take an hour to come back. Im guessing they will start around 10ish? Not really sure because its my first time.

As long as they load me up with anti nausea medication ill be ok. Well I hope I will be!

• Casjsa
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, I'm sure you will be.  We already know that half of the problem is the fear of the unknown and once we know with our own eyes, ears and roofracks, half the battle is won.

So I want a blow by blow description you know.  I want to write some of this so that other people can see what goes on and how it effects us.  Don't let me put my journalist cap on and come chasing you  hehehehe.....

My wig viewing appointment was cancelled because the volunteer's MIL was taken to hospital in a hurry so I won't be looking now until later in the month.  November is just about entirely booked out for me.  I can see me heading for Pindara again for a port before December.  It would be nice if they could put it in one day and start the chemo the next.

How have you found the port?  Is it annoying and where exactly does it sit?

Mwah...and huge hugs.  I will have my phone on all day tomorrow and my Galaxy tablet and I will be waiting to hear how you go.

• Casjsa
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, I'm sure you will be.  We already know that half of the problem is the fear of the unknown and once we know with our own eyes, ears and roofracks, half the battle is won.

So I want a blow by blow description you know.  I want to write some of this so that other people can see what goes on and how it effects us.  Don't let me put my journalist cap on and come chasing you  hehehehe.....

My wig viewing appointment was cancelled because the volunteer's MIL was taken to hospital in a hurry so I won't be looking now until later in the month.  November is just about entirely booked out for me.  I can see me heading for Pindara again for a port before December.  It would be nice if they could put it in one day and start the chemo the next.

Mwah...and huge hugs.  I will have my phone on all day tomorrow and my Galaxy tablet and I will be waiting to hear how you go.

• Casjsa
    edited March 2015
    Options

• JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My bs took the dressings off today and its healed well. I don't feel it unless I bump it. I've herd of ladies that have the port in and have chemo the same day.

The stitches seem to have dissolved now. I think it's a good thing to have put in.

The actual port is nowhere near my bra strap which I was worried about because of rubbing and for when I'm having the infusions. If I wear something reallllly low cut you would notice a bump but I think where it is, is a good spot. At least I know Tomorow there will be no vein digging and that gives me some relief.

Oh I'll let you know, don't you worry about that lol ill make sure i do because I refuse to have side effects lol

Jodie xxx
  • JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Herd = heard lol

I'm on my iPad at Richards work lol