Missing my privacy

Options
2»

Comments

• jenpen
    jenpen Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well I have got a new tip from you now.....when it comes time for my hair loss after I start chemo, my 9 & 10 yr olds will be the ones to cut it for me....great idea and good for them too to have a bit of fun with it. 

Hope I will brave as you to be seen around the town too...the inevitable I guess!

xx

• Ammo4
    Ammo4 Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenpen. It was so much fun wish i had done it when it first started to fall out. Its going to go anyway so have fun with it and it nakes you feel so much better to see your kids have fun. So glad my post has helped you too. This is just a quick reply will reply more fully tonite when i have some time. X

• Ammo4
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm sorry about your mum. Cant imagine how you are coping at the moment.  Good luck with your appointment on Friday. You will prob be relieved to get the ttreatment started as i was, the sooner the better. Especially the first dose of chemo. Dont be scared and dont hesitate ringing your nurses if you feel worse than you think you should. I didnt ring and suffered needlessly when all i needed was a couple more tablets (i had run out).  As for your hair i didnt think i would cope without mine either. As a  friend put it i am recognised by my  trademark hair lol. I am ok now with it but still havent been shopping yet. I will be taking it slowly until more people get used to it, i hate making people feel uncomfortable. Few more drives down the main street then i might pop in to foodland in the next town to ease me back into it.  Best of luck with your treatment xx

• jenpen
    jenpen Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks....missing Mum more than I though I would but feeling her love every day!

Gosh, the hair thing hey? I laughed when I read you were going to another town to do your shopping....that is me!!!! I prob will do the same......but, I guess we just have to suck it in and be as brave and strong as the other ladies on this wonderful website!

Best of luck to you - look forward to reading your next blog! x

• Ammo4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi. Thsmks for helping me out with all your great advice. Yes it has been very traumatic, i had lots of it too. I am ok now and will just ease back into it slowly. It helps having to run around after my kids with school and sport but havent had to get out of the car yet. It hasnt been a week yet so i figure i am doing better than imagined i would so thats ok. Im sorry for the loss of your friend, very sad. It sounds like you live in the best place and it is great there a few of you who can help each other through this journey. Your party is a great idea, hope you all have a night to remember. Thanks again your reply helped greatly take care xx

• Ammo4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi. Thsmks for helping me out with all your great advice. Yes it has been very traumatic, i had lots of it too. I am ok now and will just ease back into it slowly. It helps having to run around after my kids with school and sport but havent had to get out of the car yet. It hasnt been a week yet so i figure i am doing better than imagined i would so thats ok. Im sorry for the loss of your friend, very sad. It sounds like you live in the best place and it is great there a few of you who can help each other through this journey. Your party is a great idea, hope you all have a night to remember. Thanks again your reply helped greatly take care xx