In the local paper

Options
TonyaM
TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
edited November 2013 in Community news and events

Kellyville Breast Buddies is a support group that my buddy Katriona and I started at the beginning of the year.

We have many women in our group now and offer support, friendship and information from BCNA. We also sew drain bags which we put in a gift pack and donate to our local hospital for women undergoing breast surgery. And now we are in the local paper.

Comments

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done, Tonya. You should be acknowledged for your good work. The help and support given by groups like yours are immeasurable. What a great network we have. So appreciative, love to you all, 

Hazel xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

After my last bout of breast cancer,I made some big changes to my life.I became a community liaison for BCNA  and started a support group.I feel quite passionate about helping BCNA organization as they do such a great job of helping women with bc in a practical way ie.the 'my journey kit',the Berlei bra +soft form,and this terrific online network.Yes,sure we need money for research but in the meantime,BCNA helps the here and now.I'm glad you are finding the network helpful and I hope you are travelling ok -keep intouch.

Tonya xx