Headwear

Options
Denelle
Denelle Member Posts: 5
edited October 2013 in General discussion

Could someone please direct me to where I can purchase scarves or some sort of headwear.

Starting my chemo soon, have the oncologist appointment on Tuesday, so I can no longer prolong or pretend it's never going to happen, Oh how the 4 weeks healing has gone by so fast, even though it will be 3 weeks on Wednesday.

Please, where do I find something for my head ....I looked in the tabs above in the Shop ..sadly there is nothing, so I am looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Getting the nerves happening all over again, whenever will this rollercoaster stop!

Comments

• Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Denelle,

Jess from BCNA here, just a thought that you might find the Local Services Directory useful to find head covers and scarves closer to home or online. You can find the Directory here: http://www.bcna.org.au/ldirectory/listing

Jess

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Denelle,I just had my first chemo last Monday and my mastectomy a month ago.i chose to shave my head,and I got gorgeous hats and bandanas from Hathouse.com.au.they are in Melbourne,and they post things really quickly.I also have a turban which is from the cancer council shop online.They have some great things.All the best.Robyn
  • Lana
    Lana Member Posts: 91
    edited March 2015
    Options
    On Wednesday I went into the local cancer council shop. They had at least 300 wigs and heaps of scarves turbans etc.. They give you 1 wig free ( return it when you are finished) and you can keep the rest. The lady there was so helpful and I must have spent nearly 2 hrs with her. It is a good place to start.
  • Lana
    Lana Member Posts: 91
    edited March 2015
    Options
    On Wednesday I went into the local cancer council shop. They had at least 300 wigs and heaps of scarves turbans etc.. They give you 1 wig free ( return it when you are finished) and you can keep the rest. The lady there was so helpful and I must have spent nearly 2 hrs with her. It is a good place to start.
  • Pixie29
    Pixie29 Member Posts: 59
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Denelle
    I found some silky scarves with fine pleats (try department stores), they didn't slip off and looked a bit fuller than the flat ones. I folded a double layer around my face to also give more volume. Wear some earrings and a big smile and you will be ready to face the world! I also recommend Look Good Feel Better. Vicki xox
  • Ranveig
    Ranveig Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options

one site i found was www.gochacovered.com.au - purchases are received within 2 days - amazing sevice, also used cancershop in victoria and Lydia's Wigs in Footscray Victoria. hope you find something you like.

• Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    One other one that I forgot to mention is www.pinksisters.com.au. They have gorgeous things too.xxx
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    One other one that I forgot to mention is www.pinksisters.com.au. They have gorgeous things too.xxx